Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #2111
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Doing the coffee and getting my daily dose of ignorance from the news.

Service man came by and looked at my window. I watched so now I know how they are constructed. Seems we have plugged weep holes in that window and the inner rail tray was full of water. After you take the insert out, they tray had standing water. He said he needed a compressor to blow it out and would be back with one on Monday. Supposed to rain this weekend.

Started messing around with my Samsung Tablet. It wouldn't connect to sites you got to with a hyperlink. Had Samsung TS wandering around the tablet, but he couldn't see anything because I had continuous requests for me to give him permission. He finally said that the wifi reception didn't look stable. Nice having an expert telling you what you already know.

I've maintained a small checking account in the first bank I used when I moved to Richmond so I would have a brick and mortar place for high finance. Seems they are charging me for using Quicken and I have to go into the office to get them to approve having an automatic transfer from the account to the credit card balance. Everywhere else I can arrange this online. Maybe it's time I don't need these guys.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 AM   #2112
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang. Just a coffee please Molly. I got a doctor appointment 11:30. It's only about 15 minutes away so I should get moving. See y'all later, have a great day!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #2113
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Evening y'all. We had an easy day today. Went to Champaign (Il) to do a little shopping for supplies. It was an up there and back trip because Ms. Jeane has a quilting circle that meets every Thursday afternoon and she didn't want to miss that. While she was there I took a bike ride. 75 miles, so it was a short trip. She has election judges school this evening so I'm batching it for a little bit. Think I'll go see what I can get into in the loading lounge.

Have a good evening and see ya in the morning.

Life is good.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #2114
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Today was errand day. I made a trip to Sutherland's, picked out and purchased 5 sheets of CDX treated plywood and some hardware I needed. Then it was a trip to the grocery store to pick up the week's supplies. (The missus was under the weather today.) Next stop was to pick up steaks, hamburger, pork cutlets and cube steak from the meat market. Their meat is much better than the grocery store's and it's the same price or cheaper. Now if I can get the neighbor kid to pick up the plywood, I'll be all set to re-floor the shed.

Teddybear I'm glad you got a ride in.

Vetter I hope your Dr. visit went OK.

Where's dowop and panther today?

See y'all tomorrow - keep smilin'
Old 10-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #2115
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Hi bang, sorry it took so long to get back. All went good for old Vetter at the prostate doctor, up a little bit but still OK. "See you in 6 months" to me is always a good sign. Sorry rman for being part of the "ghost town" here this morning that I have been so vocal about. I got outta the doctors about 12:45 and went to Lowe's to find something to repair one of my canes. Found what I think will work and look pretty good, got home about 2 PM. I showed Wifey the info about the minor surgery he has proposed on my ailing prostate and sucked down a few adult beverages before taking a nap. (Minor to the doc!) I'm only up now to take my nightime meds and check in with y'all. Anyway, I'm good to go for 6 months and he'll check it again. Greener, good to hear the window people sent a service man out and they'll be fixing the problem, good for you!
We have a "sticks and bricks" bank for checking and a small savings account. Only a balance of maybe 8-$10,000 between both accounts. It's very easy to wire transfer from the on-line banks savings if needed. I use Synchrony, the savings and CD rates are pretty good. The biggest CD is done in January at 1.75%, new rate is now at 2.75% for 15 months so we'll get a little bump in income. Teddybear, glad you racked up a few more miles on Midnight before the weather goes bad. Rman, you got young guys willing to help a good old boy, you are blessed! Accept the help, pay fairly for it and know you're blessed. You're getting some of what you gave returned to you and Sharon. I know it's hard to give up on our capabilities but father time does what he pleases. I promise not to be among the missing tomorrow. Goodnight all, sleep well.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:35 PM   #2116
dowop

Good Morning.
The girls are nowhere to be seen, but the door is open & the lights are on.
There are moon pies on the counter & the coffee is ready to go...just flip the switch.
Some of the good old boys that hang out @ Walmart are talking about making a trip down to the border.They want to be greeters for any of the caravan that makes it through.Don`t know if I will make that trip.Going to sit under a bridge for a while & think about it.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #2117
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Looks like everyone is sleeping in this morning. It's raining here. I'm going back to bed.

Life is good.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #2118
Vetter
Banned

Question

I'm up Teddy, come on back, I'll buy you a cup of dowop brew. Good morning gang. Don't know where the girls are? Probably just sleeping in. Thanks for making the coffee and bringing Moon Pies. A Moon Pie shall be my breakfast today. Going to be warm here again, 88. It's been nice without the A/C for 4 days. The girls are here and lookin' rough, Molly mumbled thirsty Thursday at the Club. You 2 sit down and let Vetter get you 2 a coffee. I'm getting out of here before they get fully awake. No telling how they'll be! See y'all later. Everybody have a great day.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #2119
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Aged coffee, fresh eggs and ham for the morning brunch.

Woke up early this morning with my forearms itching like crazy. Pretty quick all exposed skin was itching. No idea why. Went away in about 30 minutes.

See they have arrested someone in Florida in the "bomb" mailing. This things look sort of fake, but I bet if you get one or are on the EOD handling it, your pucker factor would be pretty high fake or not fake.

Vetter, I see your next governor thinks the police ought to be disarmed.

Wandered out to mail my hard drive back. Given the current news I opted out of mailing it in a bag with the preprinted label so I bought a box. Also bought packaging tape because the Post Office doesn't supply tape for sealing packages. Guess I've gotten too accustomed to USPS and Fedex. Then went to Harbor Freight to get some bungee cords. Sign outside said "Inventory Closeout" and the sign by the door said "Now Hiring." Going out of business AND hiring, or just a big sale?

Y'all have a great day.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #2120
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Its just plain nasty outside.

Vetter, thanks for the Dowop brew.

Dowop, don't think too hard, it'll give you a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
I see your next governor thinks the police ought to be disarmed.
Just let someone force entry into his house and somebody is going to come up with a gun, guaranteed!!

Later.

Life is good.
Closed Thread