Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 02:04 AM   #2861
dowop

WOW vetter you be in "High Cotton"...never had that investment problem..ex wife & children took care of that(.
You need any help with that moving just holler.
Molly & Cinnabuns are putting together a buffet of some kind. Cinnabuns said coffee & the food will be ready in a couple of hours & I could sit in the parking lot if I wanted to wait.
Wishing everyone a good day.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #2862
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang. Coffee please Molly. My big goal dowop is to make sure Wifey doesn't have to worry. My health is not that good and her Dad passed at 88 and her Mom is a healthy soon to be 92. So she probably has a lot of years left. She has been the best wife any man could have ever hoped for. More packing today. See y'all later and have a great day!
Old 02-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #2863
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. You can tell it's recycling pickup day in my area. The open bins have been sitting out in the rain overnight. I'm sitting here warm, dry and cozy being really thankful it isn't me following the truck at a quick pace picking up bins of wet, soggy paper.

Vetter, I didn't make the CD moves you did. My USAA savings account was paying 5% before 2009 and the best CD rates were 2%. It's now doing a hefty 0.2%. I made a dash to Capitol one which has 2%. I've got a couple of checking accounts that do a whopping 0.01%.

Big high tech move for the day will be to update the software on the Subaru through the home wifi network. What could go wrong, wrong, wrong...

When I came back from Artillery Officer Basic at Ft. Sill in 1972 I had as many cases of Coors as I could stuff into a 57 bug along with Pam and all my uniforms. They weren't shipping east of the Mississippi at that time. A really sluggish car ran a lot more sluggish. I also probably violated a few alcoholic beverage laws in several states. The greener version of Thunder Road.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:09 PM   #2864
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. The weatherman has been threatening rain and snow for last night, this morning and this afternoon. So far it has remained nicely dry. It's in the lower forties, but the wind makes it feel much colder.

Dowop I think you and I are the only paupers in this group. I haven't started standing on the street corner with a sign "will work for food" yet, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Greener I would have never suspected you were once a rum runner. Did you have a souped up engine and heavy duty rear springs & shocks? Did you travel all back roads to avoid the revenuers?
Old 02-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #2865
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Greener, I started with CD's about 1986 when 3 year CD's were paying 16.68%. They were the good old days. I had 5% out of my pay for 20 years for a company match and Wifey had 10% taken out for 22 years for her company match. It doesn't sound like much but it sure adds up. It sucks when the cost of living increases eat up the little interest you earn. Rman, it's sunny and in the mid 80's here today. The Rogue A Rue spent it's first night out of the garage. There are boxes everywhere. You and dowop aren't the only paupers in this group, I'm trailer trash! Greener still runs booze across several state line every times he visits Michigan and brings a couple cases of that Bourbon he loves so much back to Virginia. I didn't sleep so well last night, this move has me worried. Don't ask me why because I don't know. Still don't know how to find my way through the smart phone. I did post on Facebook once. Just seems stupid clicking on that keypad when I got a computer. I gotta learn it, landline goes Tuesday. I'll be MIA Monday until Wednesday or Thursday. See y'all later.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #2866
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Greener still runs booze across several state line every times he visits Michigan and brings a couple cases of that Bourbon he loves so much back to Virginia.
Whoa! I forgot about that. Hope the ATFE doesn't monitor our site. I don't know if they have the internet in the Federal Penitentiary or not.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #2867
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. I did something tonight I vowed I'd never do. I watched the entire Democratic Debate. It was a real eye opener. What I got from all of it is, the candidates don't just hate President Trump, all Republicans, but everyone else who doesn't agree with them. They do love all black, Latino and Asian folks. One even said that we should make reparations to the black people because of all of the injustices we have heaped upon them. The debate was like a Chinese fire drill. No one would shut up when their time was up and they attacked each other mercilessly. Only two of them showed that they are intelligent and well spoken. (And I also hate everything those 2 supposedly stand for.) I learned that everyone should have the right to sue gun manufacturers because some moron used one of their products to kill someone. I also heard that no American should have the right to own any firearm that even resembles weapons used by the U.S. Military. Everyone should have at least a 12 day waiting period to purchase a gun and that alone would have millions of lives. Universal health care is viable because other countries have it and our wealthy will happily foot the bill. The only way this country can be saved is to elect a Democrat as President. (It should be noted that every 15 minutes a skid loader had to come on stage and clear out the mounds of bull before the debate could continue.)

Hope you all had a great evening. Keep smilin'! Exit stage left >
Old 02-25-2020, 11:43 PM   #2868
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Rman, you're a tougher man than me, I can't stand 10 minutes of their BS. I sure hope this country has enough people with the sense to not vote for the free stuff BS. All black, Latino and Asian folks must be stupid if they vote for any of them a-holes. It's scary times ahead if all the Trump supporters don't get out and vote. Well, I'm about ready for the sack. See y'all tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:51 AM   #2869
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's turned a little cooler here overnight. We had a light dusting of snow again. The streets are wet and there are some slick spots.
We patched up the leak I had in my back bathroom and it didn't hold. I got a guy coming this weekend to fix it(I hope).
Rman, I couldn't handle watching the Demo debate. What a sad state of affairs we are in to have jokers like that crowd represent so many in this country. And the biased media will give them all the attention they can because they agree with them. I don't think we will be a free country for much longer.
Enough moaning, it's time to start a new day. Have a good one folks.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #2870
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang! Hi Molly, that coffee smells good enough to drink, can I have a cup please? Thanks! Panther, you sure do have plumbing problems. I hope it gets fixed for you this weekend. We're going up to about 80 today with heavy thunder storms this afternoon. Panther I hope your wrong about losing our freedom, it seems they are whittling away at it every day it's something else. OK, I'll check in later.
Closed Thread