Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recommendations > Things you would Recommend for others.

Things you would Recommend for others. Things you have tried, and would recommend to others.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #11
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Dave, thanks for the link to the tests. I hadn't seen that one.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
Amber
Closed Per Her Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
Amber, the only way I can answer your question is just give my experience with gun care. Through the years I have used a large number of different gun cleaners and lubricants. They most all work to some extent. When Dry Lubricants became available, I realize that something dry isn't going to attract the dirt and grime that oil will. I researched all that was available on the Internet and decided to try Eezox. It does a great job for me, and its practically all I use. I use it inside my barrels and don't have a problem with leading or copper fouling. If I notice any fouling that the Eezox don't take care of, I use Sweets or Barnes CR-10 on it. Before I clean any of my guns, I blow them out with compressed air. The guns that I keep stored in a safe and don't shoot a lot, I clean and lubricate (which is just apply Eezox, let it dry for about an hour, and then wipe off any excess) every 6 Months. The Guns that I shoot a lot and use a lot, (like my concealed carry weapon that I carry every day and practice with a lot) I do once a month. I run a Bore Snake through the Barrels of all my guns after I shoot them. This method of gun care has worked great for me for over 4 years now. I have some new guns that haven't had anything but Eezox used on them, and they still look brand new. I couldn't ask for anything to work any better for my personal needs. It is also great for Locks that are out in the weather. Hinges exposed to weather. Anything that needs to be protected from rust and lubricated.
But i still need 1 more answer. I am soooo sorry to keep asking the same things over and over i gues si am just confused.

What i want to know is , when u use a lube u know when to relube a gun again as u cant se eit wet anymore right. But when u use a dry lube like eezoxx..,,.
sincse its a dry luibe how do u kno when the gun needs to be relubed again?
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #13
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
But i still need 1 more answer. I am soooo sorry to keep asking the same things over and over i gues si am just confused.

What i want to know is , when u use a lube u know when to relube a gun again as u cant se eit wet anymore right. But when u use a dry lube like eezoxx..,,.
sincse its a dry luibe how do u kno when the gun needs to be relubed again?
Thats the reason I use Eezox once a month on the Auto pistols I have and shoot a lot. Unless you shoot every day, once a Month keeps them running good and mine don't show any wear on the rails or working parts. If you shot 2000 rounds in one day then it would need to be re-lubed. If you watch the parts that rub together when the action works, you can tell if they start to wear any. If they do, it needs to be used more often.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #14
White Dog

When I use eezox on my carry semi-auto it doesn't gum up the slide rails with dirt and oil if you go too long without a cleaning like I have done in the past esoecially in very cold weather. Its great for padlocks and outdoor entry locks including car doors. I'll keep using it.
White Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #15
rman
Extraordinary Member

I recently bought some Eezox to try. I bought the liquid type. Do you guys use the spray or the liquid?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #16
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

The spray works best to get inside where its hard to get the liquid. After I ran out of the aerosol spray, I got a spray bottle and put the liquid in it and spray with it, and it works ok.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #17
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
The spray works best to get inside where its hard to get the liquid. After I ran out of the aerosol spray, I got a spray bottle and put the liquid in it and spray with it, and it works ok.
Thanks Calvin!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
rman
Extraordinary Member

I ran across this old post today and thought I would follow up. I've been using Eezox on all of my handguns exclusively for about 3 years now. It's all I use for cleaning, lubing and rust protection. I'm very happy with it. I find that my guns are a lot quicker and easier to clean than they were when I used conventional solvents and oil. I haven't noticed any unusual wear and while the smell is different, it is not objectionable. I'm sold on it. (I also use it on my ARs.)
Old 09-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I ran across this old post today and thought I would follow up. I've been using Eezox on all of my handguns exclusively for about 3 years now. It's all I use for cleaning, lubing and rust protection. I'm very happy with it. I find that my guns are a lot quicker and easier to clean than they were when I used conventional solvents and oil. I haven't noticed any unusual wear and while the smell is different, it is not objectionable. I'm sold on it. (I also use it on my ARs.)
I use it on all my guns exclusively, and nothing else. I also use it on things around the house, and Farm, that need lubrication, and rust prevention, that's out in the weather. It works great to lube lawnmowers, hinges, locks, and anything where you want the lube to last a long time in the elements. I don't have any interest in the Company in any way, but is the best all around rust inhibitor, and lubricant that I have found. The nice thing about it is that it don't collect dust, and dirt, like oil does either.