Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
ZO6Vettever

Thumbs up Telemarketers and Robo Calls...

I forget where I read this but have tried it about a half a dozen times and it worked 4 of them. They hung up immediately! I answer, "Sheriff's Department, fraud division how would like me to direct your call?" I think I only got it all out once before I heard the click! My other good one is when they ask for me by name I tell them, "sorry but he passed away," that leaves them speechless and they they how sorry they are and I'm off the list.

Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags or badges.
US Army vet 1965-1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
rman

Good plans Vetter! I've used the second one a few times. I'll have to try the Sheriff's Dept. one next time.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
J_B
Extraordinary Member

I call the fake IRS ones back, as they have been using robo calls leaving a number. So I call them back and say, "This is the IRS, and you just called our hello line when you left your phone number at. Just to let you know, we do not call anyone, but we will send out letters advising of a tax dept and or audit. So who there would like to go to jail, for impersonation of an IRS Agent?"

The guy's response - Your Momma in a Pakistani accent
Old 07-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #4
ZO6Vettever

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
I call the fake IRS ones back, as they have been using robo calls leaving a number. So I call them back and say, "This is the IRS, and you just called our hello line when you left your phone number at. Just to let you know, we do not call anyone, but we will send out letters advising of a tax dept and or audit. So who there would like to go to jail, for impersonation of an IRS Agent?"

The guy's response - Your Momma in a Pakistani accent
I had one with a strong Indian accent named "Thomas" telling me my computer was very sick and as a Microsoft trained expert he could fix it. I told him way too politely, thanks but it was fine and asked he please do not call me again, I had his number and would call him if I needed him. Too polite, he actually responded, not verbatim but close, "have your woman suck my d*** you a$$h*** mother F***er" and on and on. I understand he didn't like his job but I didn't ask he be hired to be a jerk.

Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags or badges.
US Army vet 1965-1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote