Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #81
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Today in 1844 Samuel Morse taps out the first telegraph message.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #82
rman
Extraordinary Member

And I still can't decipher Morse code.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #83
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - A suburban Detroit police officer stepped in after a pizza delivery driver was injured in a car crash to make sure a still-warm order made it to its destination.

Lincoln Park police Cpl. Joe Sparks tells The Detroit News that Monday's collision sent the Jet's Pizza driver to a hospital with bruises and a sore head. Sparks spotted an oven bag in the wrecked car before it was towed and realized the delivery address was nearby.

The 16-year veteran of the force says he "just figured it was the right thing to do" knowing that "someone on the other end was waiting for their food."

Carl Babik, who got the pizza, tells WDIV-TV he initially thought that he had done something wrong when Sparks showed up with the order.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #84
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - A suburban Detroit police officer stepped in after a pizza delivery driver was injured in a car crash to make sure a still-warm order made it to its destination.

Lincoln Park police Cpl. Joe Sparks tells The Detroit News that Monday's collision sent the Jet's Pizza driver to a hospital with bruises and a sore head. Sparks spotted an oven bag in the wrecked car before it was towed and realized the delivery address was nearby.

The 16-year veteran of the force says he "just figured it was the right thing to do" knowing that "someone on the other end was waiting for their food."

Carl Babik, who got the pizza, tells WDIV-TV he initially thought that he had done something wrong when Sparks showed up with the order.
Teddybear, I gotta ask, would a slice or two end up in Teddy's belly?
Old 05-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #85
Vetter
Banned

Talking First woman on the moon was Alice Kramdon...

55 years ago today, President John F. Kennedy announced before a special joint session of the Congress his goal to initiate a project ?to put a man on the Moon? before the end of the decade. NASA launched the Apollo program, and Kennedy achieved his goal. Ralphie boy didn't really do the "one of these days" dirty deed!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #86
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Teddybear, I gotta ask, would a slice or two end up in Teddy's belly?
No way. If I get fired for stealing, it won't be a couple slices of pizza, it will be a few million dollars and you won't ever see my happy behind side again.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #87
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

I knew you wouldn't sell your soul for a slice or two Teddybear!
Old 05-28-2016, 06:22 AM   #88
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Disabled Man Turns His Love of Walking into a paying job...

There weren?t a lot of jobs suited to Russell Carey, so the young man with autism, who also suffers from seizures, was given the chance to use his passion to earn his own income.

When Carey is walking, he?s an unstoppable force. The 28-year-old just doesn?t like to stand still ? he has to keep moving.

He tried a job as a dog walker, but he wanted to wander farther than the dogs could even go.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/disab...source-income/

My hat is tipped towards this young man. There's a job for anybody who wants to make their own way and have self respect. Lots of able bodied could use a smack in the head from this guy! Go get em mr. Carey!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #89
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good story Vetter.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #90
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Man 67 graduates college after 19 years in prison...

At 67, David Norman, has traveled a hard road. But after ?two prison stints and so many arrests he?s lost count?, the former Harlem drug dealer donned a cap and gown last week to become a graduate of the prestigious Columbia University in New York.

While incarcerated 19 years ago, he had a moment of clarity, realizing he needed to pursue ?some new behaviors.? He fell in love with reading, and began guiding other inmates toward finding new meaning in their lives.

He walked out of prison in 2000 a changed man, and now walks with other graduates, 40 years his junior, into a promising future carrying a degree in philosophy.
Using his experience gained as an outreach worker helping substance abusers at Mount Vernon Hospital, Norman now works in community health as a research assistant at Columbia University, and plans to write about book about how he turned his life around.