Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Handguns > Revolvers

Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Yeah, rman. I was thinking about something like that one Greg worked over for you. Only I can't afford to have him work on it. Guess I'll have to leave it factory stock.
Oh come on Kansas - just dig up some of those cans of cash you have buried at the farm and gitter dun!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #12
Vetter
Banned

Smile

I still have the first hand gun I bought. An H&R 649, 5 1/2" barrel, 22LR and 22WMR. I paid around $75. NIB with a box of each ammo and a Bucheimer holster including tax at a local hardware store. Still a good shooter and I still wear it mowing the lake bank loaded with snake shot. My nephew keeps telling me I need a S&W airweight. Truthfully, I got no use for one.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #13
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

I didn't think I had a use for mine, until now. With the trigger pull it has now, it will be hard to go back to carrying one, over twice the weight. Now, I can shoot it as accurate as any other pistol, that I have.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #14
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Oh come on Kansas - just dig up some of those cans of cash you have buried at the farm and gitter dun!
Come on down rman. You can keep everything you dig up. I will be more than happy to show you where to use your shovel.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Come on down rman. You can keep everything you dig up. I will be more than happy to show you where to use your shovel.
Will you be home tonight? I'm headed that way!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
kansas45

Yep. Just made it home.

Will Rogers
Old 02-22-2016, 12:43 AM   #17
Hagar the Republican

Default Advantages of a Revolver

Gee, there are just so many advantages of a revolver . . .

1. I don't have to chase my brass at the range.
2. I don't have to bend over my fat belly to pick it up.
3. I don't have to check to see if it's the right caliber.
4. I don't hit my neighbor in the next booth, or myself, with spent brass.
5. I don't lose (misplace) magazines.
6. I don't have to load magazines, and my thumbs are happy.
7. I don't have to clear jams.
8. I like making the guys shooting the wimpy 9mm guns at the range jump when my .357 or .44 mag goes off!
9. I've been through the "spray and pray" phase in my younger days, and now rely on shot placement to get the job done.
10. You don't go through your ammo as fast, and you get to enjoy more time shootin'.
11. I don't have to remember how to take the blasted slide off and disassemble the gun to clean it. Too many pieces.
12. I don't have to put all those pieces back together.
13. Cleaning a revolver is easy, and they are all the same.
14. It takes three seconds to disassemble a single action revolver, and you've only got three parts: frame, cylinder, and pin. A double action revolver is even easier.
15. The grip is always a nice, comfortable size because you don't have a magazine running through the middle of it.
16. You can completely change the looks and feel of the gun by changing grips: rubber, wood (so many to choose from), ivory, micarta, smooth, checkered, finger grooves, gunfighter, etc., etc., etc.
17. And not only is it "All American" but it's intimidating as hell when you pull out a N-frame S&W, or a Colt Anaconda, or a big mama Ruger SA or DA revolver. Something about a revolver just says, "Bubba, I'm about to put a hole through you big enough to park my pick up."
18. When pointed at someone, they can SEE that cylinder full of ash trays 'bout to come their way, and they'll believe that story about the pick up.
19. I know my .41 mag, .44 mag, .357 mag, .44 Sp., or .45 Colt will accomplish #17. The only automatic round that will do the job right is the All American .45 ACP (thank you John Moses Browning). I hear the 10mm ain't half bad, and S&W makes a revolver for that, too.
20. Someday those young bucks will realize how much fun and how much easier shootin' is with a revolver and will come to their senses. They're NOT gonna be in extended shootouts with drug lords and their private armies and need a gun with a gazillion rounds anyway.

Hagar the Republican
Old 02-22-2016, 05:35 AM   #18
rman
Extraordinary Member

Well heck Hagar you won't get any argument from me. I shoot both revolvers and semi-autos. Honestly it's hard for me to pick between a 1911 and a S&W revolver because I love them both. It is awfully nice not to chase brass though and I have always shot revolvers better than autos. Old habits are hard to break.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #19
kansas45

Bending over to pick up your brass is good for you!

Will Rogers