Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
glockensig

Default Money bomb the NRA...3/24/18

(Copied from a Glocktalk thread)

Reposting from Calguns. I think this is a great idea! Who?s in?

Money Bomb NRA idea for 03/24/18
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1426075

The anti-gunner dweebs are planning their "March for our Lives" on 03/24/18. I saw a Facebook post of someone proposing a money bomb for the NRA on that day for us to fight back. The NRA has 5 million members, if everyone gave just $1 that would still be $5 million in one day. I'm putting myself down for $20. Who's with me? If your principles don't allow you to donate to the NRA, then donate to the GOA or whatever group of your choosing. However I would urge you to think about the fact that, whenever the SHTF, the NRA is the organization that the Left spends all its energy demonizing and smearing. They wouldn't expend all that effort if they didn't fear the crap of the NRA.

Gun owners need to work and have families, we don't have time to march like they do. However, we can click through some money to our pro-gun organizations. What do you guys say? Spread the word.
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
(Copied from a Glocktalk thread)

Reposting from Calguns. I think this is a great idea! Who?s in?

Money Bomb NRA idea for 03/24/18
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1426075

The anti-gunner dweebs are planning their "March for our Lives" on 03/24/18. I saw a Facebook post of someone proposing a money bomb for the NRA on that day for us to fight back. The NRA has 5 million members, if everyone gave just $1 that would still be $5 million in one day. I'm putting myself down for $20. Who's with me? If your principles don't allow you to donate to the NRA, then donate to the GOA or whatever group of your choosing. However I would urge you to think about the fact that, whenever the SHTF, the NRA is the organization that the Left spends all its energy demonizing and smearing. They wouldn't expend all that effort if they didn't fear the crap of the NRA.

Gun owners need to work and have families, we don't have time to march like they do. However, we can click through some money to our pro-gun organizations. What do you guys say? Spread the word.
I contributed $100 to the NRA on 2/18/18. Every little bit counts. Don't be fooled though. There is an scam outfit whose caller ID comes up as IMC. They speak perfect English and their spiel is very convincing. They claim to be from the NRA and ask you to donate via credit card. Don't get sucked in by them.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
dowop

Donating from this site ok? https://www.nrafoundation.org/donate/

If not I will just place a order with Midway.
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
rman
Extraordinary Member

That one looks OK to me.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
glockensig

https://donate.nra.org/donate?ek=Y8A...campaign=Video
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 03-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
glockensig

Today is the day!!! if you feel so inclined! I used the Ruger Match site:

https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/co...million-match/

So, if Ruger is not maxxed out, they will match my $25!!
Aristotle
Old 03-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
rman
Extraordinary Member

I sent another $25 through the Ruger NRA Match program this evening.

Last edited by rman; 03-25-2018 at 05:36 AM.
rman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:51 AM   #8
glockensig

Internet search shows that MANY forums were on board with this "movement": Glocktalk, Sigforum, etc as well as many state forums: TN, NC etc.
Hope it helps...
Aristotle