Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Hunting

Hunting Place to discuss Hunting.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default My 2009 Hunting Season so far

Back in September for Bowhunting

I arrived to hunt black bear again, seem's this bear is becoming a night stalker. But a nice whitetail doe happen to show up and give a nice broadside shot at 20 yards.

I did not even have time to suite up in my camo, and grabbed my bow. I nocked a Carbon Express Aramid KV 250 tipped with a Grim Reaper Razortip 100-gr BH. I drew and released without any thought to it. The arrow hit its mark and I could hear the sound of THWACK. She bolted on a turn and I could see a double lung shot for sure. She piled up about 40 or so yards from where I arrowed her, up over the hill.

That Grim Reaper made a blood trail a blind man could follow, and she went down once, thrashed about, then got up again and was found just a few yards away.

Here are some pics of todays hunt.

My October General Firearms Season

My son in law and I, headed over to the property the his grandmother owns. We got in and set up with just the hint of day break. While we are up on this ridge over looking an area that we saw a buck during bowhunting season, I spot movement. I got myself in a great outlook, and bipod was holding everything steady. I put the scope and low and behold a nice shooter buck with carmal color antlers, is not paying attention. I have the crosshairs of the Nikon ProStaff w/BDC retical right in the ol windbags there.

I let the Barnes TSX 140-gr go, and the buck stood there like it hadn't even been hit, then took a couple of steps and layed down. When we walked up to tag and recover my buck, we happen to notice he had grass still in his mouth.

Well after this I still had a B tag for getting me a doe. My son in law and I decided to move from where we were. As we relocated, I happen to notice a nice little rise that over the top might yeild something.

As we approached the top, and could just make out a couple of does. The grass was long enough that I got real low, and crept to the edge where I had a good clear shot. I again made my selection of the 2 does, and placed my Nikon ProStaff cross hairs in the heart lung area. Now this doe was not sticking around not liking what it just felt. But I tell you that the Barnes TSX 140-gr bullet created a bloodtrail a blind man could follow.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Nice pictures J.B. and Congratulations on a good hunt. Looks like some good eating.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sounds like a really successful season J_B. Your freezer should be full for awhile!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Congrats on a great season thus far
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Thanks guy's, I have one more whitetail B tag (doe) and will try and fill that by Sunday evening. I still have an elk, black bear and antelope, but those will just not get filled now.

But I'm always garunteed to get my whitetail for sure and for certain.