Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Camping

Camping Place to tell about your Camping experiences

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

Default Long weekend camping trip

The last week in May we went camping. My girlfriend Jinny's new used trailor just needed a quick inspection and 45 minutes later we were at the camp ground. Made good time. It was a little ruff getting started being new to the trailor thing. We have camped for years in tents. The group of people we were with gave us some helpful tips about the trailor. The weather was rainy on Thursday and all day Friday. Friday I slept all day because I was not feelling well. But by night fall I was ready for beer and partying. We sat by the camp fire till midnight.
Saturday we went to the range and Jinny shot the pink 10/22 and we both shot my handguns. I helped a mother with three young boys with a safety lesson and a jammed magazine. The bullet was dented and would not feed. I fixed it by taking the bullet apart. We were shooting the pistols and I put up a balloon for my Jinny to shoot with my Vaquero. She shot twice at it and missed. Her arms were tired and could not shoot anymore so I popped the balloon with one shot. I think everyone on the range is going to buy balloons now. A seasoned revolver shooter came to me and asked if I knew anything about Glocks. I said I would look at his problem. I seems that he did not let the slide go into full battery. The slide was looked back with a bullet in the chamber. I dropped the mag sent the slide foward and cleared the bullet. It was unfired. I told him he needs to let the slide fly closed on its own and not to hold the slide. He thanked me and said his two sons, both police officers, made him get it. He really did not like it. But he let my Jinny and me shoot a few rounds through it. I don't really like them either.
Sunday I played nine holes of golf and we packed up and headed home. It was a nice weekend and Jinny really needed to relax. We had some great food too. We are getting really good with traveling with food with our ski trips and previous camping trips. But the trailer lets us do so much more. We are deffinately liking the trailer.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Mike, sounds like you had a nice trip, even if it did rain. You will definitely enjoy the Camping Trailer. I don't know why I didn't get one years ago. Sharon and I use ours more than we do the House.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

Yes, I am expecting the trailer will be great. We do have some more to learn about it. But we are planning a trip to Gettysburg. The traler will be nice to have. Not worrying about ice is a big plus.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
kansas45

Sounds like you two have many more adventures ahead of you, Bo. Have a great time!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sounds like a great weekend Bozack. I've never had a camping trailer, but it has to beat the tent. Looks like you're set for more fun weekends. It's good of you to help people with their shooting problems. That is one thing I notice about most shooters. They are about the the friendliest and most helpful group around. It's too bad that the ultra liberals have an entirely different (and uneducated) opinion of our ranks.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

It seems that I always help someone at the range. And I am happy to do it.
The trailer is a big step up from the tent. Plus, it has air conditioning.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #7
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
It seems that I always help someone at the range. And I am happy to do it.
The trailer is a big step up from the tent. Plus, it has air conditioning.
In the past I was a tent or impromptu lean-to purist. Didn't think much of trailer camping. That was before the ground started getting a heck of a lot harder. A trailer with AC sounds like a better way to rough it.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
In the past I was a tent or impromptu lean-to purist. Didn't think much of trailer camping. That was before the ground started getting a heck of a lot harder. A trailer with AC sounds like a better way to rough it.
When was in High School and for about 20 years after, a bunch of friends would go Camp it the Mountains Thanksgiving week in a big tent. That was deer season in Oklahoma. After I married and got a Family I stopped going with the Group and they eventually dissolved. I took my Kids Camping a few times in a tent when they were young, but as you say, found the ground sure gets harder as you get older. Sharon and I thoroughly enjoy Camping out all summer in the Camper. Its great therapy for hypertension and the fast way of City life, and I would recommend it to anyone that can.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote