Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Range Reports

Range Reports Place to discuss Shooting.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
glockensig

Default Wringing out new pistol! TP9SA mod2 at the range!!

Full report here:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ca...#post-27568164

extras for the coffee shop!!:

Shots on the popper with Perfecta ammo (6-7 @28 yards)

Perfecta ammo again...2/3 on the knockdown at 33 yards!

5/7 on 50 yard steel with Northern Hills Precision ammo!

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
panther
Extraordinary Member

Great report. As usual, great shooting too. Those Caniks are really nice.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good report and good shooting glock! You seem to have good luck with the Canik's. The "SA" is confusing me though. It sounds like it would be single action, as in cocked & locked, but instead it's a normal striker fired pistol that decocks the striker?
Old 08-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #4
glockensig

On the original, if you decock the striker, You would get a longer heavier trigger pull (almost like a revolver). On the SA, you get the light, crisp trigger pull all the time. If you decock the SA, there is no heavy pull OR light pull. The trigger goes dead!
Great feature for the range. You decock the trigger and there is less stress holstering the pistol.
If you were to carry this gun, I would not decock the trigger, but I would be very careful holstering to make sure a cam-lock or clothing (hey...up north we wear a lot of layers of clothing sometimes)did not interfere with the trigger. It is a light pull!
This is one of the reasons I prefer hammer guns. I put my thumb on the hammer while holstering and if the trigger would would catch on anything and start to move I would get immediate feedback thru the hammer.
The striker-fired PPS (m1) I have in .40 is an exception. I CC it a lot. But it has a pin that protrudes out the back of the slide as the trigger is being pulled. When holstering, You put your thumb on the back of the slide and if that pin jags you...the trigger is moving. Actually you can keep the trigger from moving altogether is you put a little pressure on it (like a hammer gun)
A lot of folks worry about inadvertent activation of the decocker. There is a youtube video of someone tying a string to an SA original model...which has a bigger decocker than the mod 2.... and dragging it behind a truck down a dirt road. The decocker did NOT activate. Maybe in a violent hand to hand physical altercation(?) but then you have 99 other problems!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 08-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the explanation. Now it makes perfect sense and it sounds like my kind of gun. I always worry about re-holstering any kind of striker fired handgun that doesn't have a manual safety. (But I always buy the model without a safety, if available.) The only safeties I like are on 1911's. They are always right under your thumb, have positive on-off positions and I've never had one accidentally snick to the off position.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #6
glockensig

I am with you on the safeties R-man!!
Aristotle