Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #1901
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. I ate breakfast at home so I missed the buffet. I would take a cup of coffee - NO PUMPKIN SPICE please! I like my coffee hot and black.

Dowop I hope your time goes by fast so you can get rid of the bad tooth. Don't apologize for any rant against Washington. They deserve more than they get. I hate using Apple stuff because of the question marks instead of quotes. I think Linux works the same. Apple's IOS runs on a Linux foundation.

Greener you may be right about the magnesium in your pipes. I used to live in a place that occasionally had high concentrations of the stuff. It not only looks nasty, but doesn't smell so good either. We ruined some white clothes in the laundry because of it. They finally installed a water filtration system that pretty well eliminated it.

Panther K-State also has a new football coach. He replaced the legendary Bill Snyder that changed the team from the 10 worst Division I list to a national football power. They did manage to win their first conference game Saturday. Hang in there - hopefully it will get better.

Vetter I've never been to a race at the Kansas Speedway. It's only about 50 miles from where I live. My oldest daughter goes about every year and seems to like it.

Usually I would be watching a Chief's game on Sunday afternoon, but they played on Thursday night. They beat Denver 30-6 at Denver. Sadly our quarterback Patrick MaHommes dislocated his knee cap early in the 3rd quarter. Their 2nd string quarterback Henne, was already on the injured reserved list, so they started their 3rd string guy Matt Moore. He did OK, but it will be a long season until MaHommes gets back. They think it will be 4 to 6 weeks. Fortunately our defense actually stepped up and did their job for a change.

Instead of watching the Chiefs, I'm watching the Packers vs Raiders game. Hate the Raiders - like the Packers. I guess you know who I'm cheering for.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #1902
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Just got some good news, my Grand Nephew finished his deployment in Kuwait and is back in Colorado. He'll get a leave to come home and then sent who knows where. So your daughter is a NASCAR fan! I'll be watching from the recliner. Kansas is a good track, blistering fast, always a good race. Race is just starting, we got an hour pre-race to watch giving us dump the commercials time. Later gang, hope he football is good!
Old 10-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #1903
rman
Extraordinary Member

No news here. It's time for an adult beverage. This time I'll leave the Bud Lights for you dowop. See ya - keep smilin'. Exit state left >
Old 10-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #1904
Vetter
Banned

Wink

OK rman, you know I woun't miss a happy hour. Watching the Eagles getting crushed by the Cowboys, no wonder I don't like football. Good race today, Hope football was good for you fans. I'm watching the Eagles getting crushed by long time enemies the Cowboys. Getting ready for bed, sleep good and don't let the bed bugs bite!
Old 10-21-2019, 12:40 AM   #1905
dowop

Good Morning.
Thanks for the brew rman.
The ipad is only used when I am out of the crib or for convenience when I am in a reclining position..I still really do not care for it. Mostly cause of what you said about the operating system "IOS"
I have a new ride & going over to the bike trail soon.
Trail runs North all the way to lake Erie "about 40 mi & South for about 20
mi".Will eventually go all the way to the Ohio River.
When going South it goes through parts of the hood so I always carry at least one S&W...especially this time of day.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elecytra townie.jpg (80.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 AM   #1906
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. The girls aren't here yet so I got the coffee setup, just turn it on. There's also some left over slices of pizza on the counter. They're Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza, some with meat, some just veggie.
We had a big thunderstorm blow through here last night. It started up about 11pm, knocked out our power about 11:30. It was still off at 3am, when I left(thank goodness for alarm clocks in cell phones). The power is on about a mile from us in every direction. I didn't see any power company trucks out anywhere. Maybe they forgot about us.
That's a good looking bike Dowop. Have fun with that.
Happy Monday.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #1907
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Got coffee on the way out to the dentist and now for some cold pizza off the counter.

Went to the dentist for my quarterly cleaning. First time with this hygienist. She doesn't come close to the previous one and towards the end she was developing a really grumpy old patient. I think her telling me I was going to sign a statement saying I declined her recommended peridontal treatment that we had decided not to pursue 5-6 years ago sorta of brought the grumpy old man out.

Just got the call from the eye surgery center telling me I needed to bring a responsible adult with me. Pam is my designated adult supervision. She usually says don't blame her, I came that way, it's not her fault. Refusal to accept responsibility.

I suppose when you hit our age you shouldn't make jokes about someone else being your adult supervision. The kiddies think you aren't joking.

I bailed on football yesterday after a bit of Redskins in the rain.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #1908
dowop

Hope your experience at the Dentist is better than mine greener.

A beautiful day here.

Just got back from the park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedBike the park_LI.jpg (99.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #1909
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! Nice bike dowop, I looked at the website and see the electric models, that's more my speed. I have actually considered an slectric trike for Lowe's trips where I make it to the cripple carts and use one to shop. I could ride the trike 2.1 miles to the store and ride the trike around shopping. Hope they got your power back panther. Glad your trip to the dentist is over greener. Well, that's all I got see y'all later.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #1910
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. Cool bike dowop. I just sold my mountain bike this Spring. I don't like to ride by myself and my biking buddy isn't around any more. It's not so nice here today. It's only 58, cloudy, with a strong West wind and even stronger gusts. We went to 3 different stores to pick up party supplies for Saturday. We got helium, baloons, hot and cold cups, napkins, nuts, mints, supplies for baking cookies, cheap plastic table cloths, 4 different kinds of soda pop, bottled water, coffee, snack cups, etc, etc....

Hope your eye surgery goes well greener.

Had a thunderstorm last night between 11:00 and midnight. It dropped about 3/4" of rain.