Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
kansas45

I think it's time to go to bed. Night all.

Will Rogers
Old 01-03-2017, 06:16 AM   #12
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is brewing and the grill is fired up. I'm having scrambled eggs, ham, hash browns, coffee and a V-8. New Year's Eve was a little noisy around here. The fireworks probably lasted until about 12:30 and of course there were the usual idiots firing guns in the air.

The jeep is coming along pretty well, but slow. I fooled with relays for the high and low beams and that turned out to be a challenge for an old dummy. I dinked around with the relays for a whole day and gave up. Turns out, everything was wired up correctly, but I left out one teeny, tiny detail. Anyway the jeep starts, runs, charges the battery and has headlights that work now. Today I need to wire up the horns and install some new front turn signals. After that, the whole rear of the jeep needs rewired - tag light, side marker lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, backup lights, etc. Hopefully that will be easier because the interior of the mail jeep is gutted and everything is easy to get to. Then the tedious part will be wiring all the instrument panel and its lights and the gauge lights.

Hope you all had a good New Years and that the rest of your year will be better than last year. See ya - keep smilin'.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #13
kansas45

Good morning. I'll have a rman style breakfast please, Molly.
Sounds like the Jeep is coming along pretty good, rman.
Trying to decide which project to attack today. I think I'll just set here, drink coffee and think about it for awhile. No matter what it will require firing up the wood stove. it's supposed to be cold all week.

Will Rogers
Old 01-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #14
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Have coffee and time to watch the gray, dribbly Michigan sunshine. Thanks for getting the server back on line. I signed on yesterday and it told me I was a database error.

Having a ball with kids and grandkids. It would have been a bigger ball, but I've had the sniffles. Discovered we have a real talent for flying my christmas quadcopter into tree branches.

rman, that jeep project sounds like a blast.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #15
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Just coffee for me please. It's cloudy with a light misty rain falling here. Still pretty warm though.
I had a guy come look at my furnace and it worked just fine while he was here. But I know it acts up at times. He said a regulator might be going bad. It's an easy part to replace, but no one here has one in stock. I'm gonna order one and hope it doesn't take long to get in.
I ran into an old church pastor at the mall yesterday. He was pastor of the church I went to over 10 years ago when I live near Springfield, Mo. He's here in Joplin now. He's at a church that was destroyed by the tornado 5 years ago. They've rebuilt the building, but only have about 20 regular members still coming. I guess most joined other churches in the past 5 years. I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping by there to lend my support.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #16
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good Morning gang! Oh boy, I need a coffee! Just woke up after a dose of NyQuil. I think I'll skip the DayQuil, I feel drugged. Thanks for making the coffee rman, it's good! You're making good progress with the Jeep, nobody likes doing wiring. Cold there Kansas, we'll probably have to put the A/C on later. It's 75 now going to 83. We have a cold front coming, gonna be cold Friday, thru Sunday. Greener, hope you're sniffles don't last too long. Those quad copters are pretty cool, I think I would be hitting tree limbs too. Panther, that's always the way, works fine when the service guy is there and you wake up cold the next day. I hope they get the regulator comes in quick. Glad you are able to hook up with your old pastor. I'm gonna grab a bite to eat in case my sinuses act up later and I won't be able to eat. Well, everybody have a great day!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Mornin gents. We're having the same weather that panther is having. I'll probably just tinker around in the reloading room. One of my nephews dropped his deer shotgun off to be cleaned. This gun is 3 years old and has never been cleaned. Masonic Lodge this evening and I think that's it for the week. Just coffee with the 1400 coffee club at McDonalds.

Later

Life is good
Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #18
kansas45

Well, I've messed around th ehouse long enough. It's time to face the cold and head to the shop.
Y'all have a good day.

Will Rogers
Old 01-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #19
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. Panther I hope you get your furnace part soon. It's below freezing here and the wind chill is worse.

We didn't get a lot done on the Jeep today. We ran into problems getting the front turn signals to work. After a few failed attempts we found another flasher and Voila! She worked. Anyway, we got the front signal lights installed and wired and they work nicely. We also installed and wired a killer light bar - 13,000 lumens. It pretty much lights up the world. I wanted to hook up the horns today, but need another relay - well I don't need one, but it's a better way to do it. Tristan is going to bring home another relay, a new flasher switch and more wire to do all the rear lights after he gets off work. This thing is classified as an antique vehicle. I guess that is the reason he wants everything set up as basic and simple as possible. His turn signal switch is a single pole double throw toggle switch. Needless to say, they won't be self-cancelling.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #20
kansas45

Hot Coco and a Chicken Fried steak with mashed potatos and gravy please.
It's a cold one tonight already.
You boys are making good progress on the Jeep, rman.
This is not the time of year to be having furnace problems. panther! Maybe we should all buy winter homes in Vetters neighbor hood.
I should clean my Benelli Super Nova and the KSG this evening, Teddy. They both saw some action yesterday.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread