Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:04 PM   #1091
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. I went to the doctor's office for a followup appointment after my physical. I think they were a little disappointed. They didn't really do anything before, but seemed a little dismayed that I felt about the same as always. She did prescribe Symbicort for my COPD. I sure hope it helps. It cost $335.28 for a 2 month supply. The pharmacist thought that this would pay off my deductible and it would only be $47 next time. Hope she is right, or there won't be a next time. I have to admit that it seems to have helped my breathing. You've probably seen the tv commercials for the stuff. All I can say is "Watch out little piggles!"

Greener it is not working yet. I still can't find any more bunny rabbits in the coffee shop. Glad you were able to put off the lawn mowing again. You may not be an expert at producing bunnies, but you have the mowing avoidance down pat.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #1092
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Don't you just love it when they write a prescription that break the bank. I hit the "Donut Hole" back in May and my out of pocket jumped like crazy. The only Generic Symbircort are from overseas. Here's one. Good luck.

https://www.safemeds4all.com/product...doses/341.html

Greener, you are really getting good at procrastinating! Today is my birthday, 72, I finally caught greener! See y'all later.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #1093
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is made. There was some bacon but it may have disappeared.

rman, I guess my bunnies in frog croaked or it's not a language your computer understands.

One more day putting off the grass cutting. I slept until noon and then decided it was too hot. 20 oz of coffee is not enough to keep an experienced and dedicated recliner drowser such as I awake. It takes years of dedicated practice to achieve that state of expertise.

My aunt is under hospice care. She is 92 and is the last survivor of the generation before me. She got pneumonia and the antibiotics didn't work.

Looking for an excuse not to bail the yard. Maybe I should go look for cars.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #1094
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I'm too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. Molly, give me some coffee and whatever you got left on the grill. Thanks.
It got up to 90 yesterday. It feels like summer now. It's supposed to be the same, or a little warmer, today, but also windy. Maybe it won't feel so bad. I've put my mowing off till today. I'm going to do it tonight no matter what the temp is. I've had black wasps in the shed lately. They aren't the aggressive type but I still feel uncomfortable around them. I've looked everywhere and can't find a nest. I just shoot down individuals when they get too close.
Happy birthday Vetter.
Rman, I'm very lucky. Our current health care plan, Cigna, pays for prescription drugs. I'm on Effient, which is $450 a month. So far, no out of pocket expense for me. But, the insurance committee has been having meetings. If they go with a new carrier, I may not be so lucky.,
Old 06-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #1095
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good afternoon gang. I took a big nap after a TV show and breakfast. No big birthday party. Decided to skip going out for dinner, I owe myself one. Wifey found a sale on T bones and bought 6 fatties, had 1 last and another today is a treat for me. Greener, I like to plan ahead. If I were you, putting off the mowing is a good Idea, maybe it'll rain tomorrow? Nice of you to put a name to the talent we both, and I suspect others among our gang have. "Recliner drowser," very good! Sorry about your Aunt, she'll be in tonight's prayers. I would rather mow than dealing with car salesmen. Look at all possible makes and models and available features on each. Next step is call from the comfort of your recliner several dealers and call them again to get the best deal After that, a look see and test drive. It takes time but at least they can't lie to your face. Wasp bites send me to the ER, it's been about 15 years since I have been bitten. I soak the nests with wasp spray as soon as I see them. I have 2 prescriptions and insulin that out of pocket would be over $1000. a month. With my insurance coverage I get away with about $150 until I fell into the "donut hole" in May. I'm really not sure what it is but it is a lot more. I have AARP United Healthcare top Rx plan for $77. a month. I choose them becaue they covered what I take and I've had their Plan F for my supplement for about 12 years and pay $366 for both of us. We have never been asked for a penny. Well hope everybody had a great day!
Old 06-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #1096
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. We had a heck of a thunderstorm last night and early this morning. I think it was the most constant lightning I've ever seen. The wind and thunder was impressive also. Altogether I got 2.1" of rain. When I looked out the front window, I got quite a shock. The big, decorative locust tree was broken off at the ground. I planted that tree about 15 years ago. It's trunk was about a foot in diameter and was probably 25' tall. I'm surprised we didn't hear it go down. I was going to get out the chain saw, the lawn tractor and little trailer and start working. It was a short-lived idea though. I really don't want a huge burn pile to get rid of later. I called a guy and he is going to take care of it tomorrow or Sunday. The Symbicort inhaler seems to help my breathing quite a bit.

Last edited by rman; 06-21-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #1097
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Sorry bout your locust tree coming down but glad it didn't damage your house. Smart move getting a guy to take care of it. I'm extra aware of being old on my birthday but the fact remains we just can't do what we used to do. I'm glad the Symbicort inhaler is working for you. It's been the leading drug for COPD for about 15 years. I have been napping on and off all day long, of course now I'm wide eyed and not ready for bed and in the doghouse for napping. Well, I'm going to do the night pills and insulin and watch some TV to tire out. See y'all tomorrow, goodnight and God bless!
Old 06-22-2019, 05:23 AM   #1098
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Girls aren't here yet so I put a pot of coffee on, see y'all later!
Old 06-22-2019, 05:46 AM   #1099
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Well it's early enough, oh look the coffee's on -
Old 06-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #1100
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. The girls are here now and have lots of good food cooking.
I got my mowing done yesterday and I'm glad I did. It's cloudy here now and they say we might get some more rain. We usually have dry, hot weather in late summer. This year may be different.
I'm going to have to stop taking my wife to yard sales and estate sales. She keeps finding stuff, actually makes some pretty good deals. But, if she keeps this up, we're going to need a bigger house.
Have a good weekend.