Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
kansas45

Well said Calvin.

If this Country is going to survive, we will have to come together & support one another instead of fighting amoungst ourselves. We will need to remember the words of our Founding Fathers and build our strength on that foundation. If not, there will be no more United States of America. No more Stars & Stripes flying proudly in the breeze, And those who gave their lives & their service to this Great Country will have done so in vain.

For many years, our little town has had a wonderful fireworks display, put on by the local police department with the help of other civic orginazitations & donations from the citizens. This year was a bust. A very short performance due to the lack of funds. I did notice that although it is against the law to shoot off fireworks inside the city, that there were more private displays on the streets of town than ever before. This is getting out of hand. As I left town a little before daylight this morning & drove through my neighborhood, there were at least 30 homes with the yards & streets littered with spent fireworks, empty whisky bottles & beer cans. Before long, the 4th of July celebration as we know it will be a thing of the past.
I am more than a little dissapointed with what my town has become.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
One of the reasons I'm proud to be a Floridian is our legislators made Florida a "right to carry" state and allows us to stand our ground when in fear of our safety. That's the way the forefathers wanted it!
Well, I'm also proud that they simplified they CCW process. Three to ten days and it's in your mailbox. Florida's law makers are definatly abiding by the 2nd amendment.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #13
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Well, I'm also proud that they simplified they CCW process. Three to ten days and it's in your mailbox. Florida's law makers are definatly abiding by the 2nd amendment.
I'm glad they are - wish Kansas would expedite theirs. I take it your better half has hers already?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
rman
Extraordinary Member

I'm proud of Kansas because the majority of the voters DID NOT VOTE FOR CHANGE!

(But we got it anyway. )
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I'm glad they are - wish Kansas would expedite theirs. I take it your better half has hers already?
I sent the application, picture, and money two months a go to renew mine and haven't heard anything from them. I know they got the application because they cashed my check.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #16
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
I sent the application, picture, and money two months a go to renew mine and haven't heard anything from them. I know they got the application because they cashed my check.
Ve haf your dossier, fery interesting.
They are always quick to cash the check. Not very quick to do other things.

Henrico County isn't bad, just going through checkpoint charlie to get to the clerk of court.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Franny Oakley is a legal pistol packin' Mama! Florida has got it done right! My first permit, about 35 years ago in Pa. took all of 5 minutes to get. Township Chief of Police whipped a card out of a desk, signed it and said "here you go, fill the rest out when you get home Joe". Times have changed so I changed with the times. I used to be known as "Joe" but as y'all know I am now "Vetter".
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #18
rman
Extraordinary Member

Kansas has been issuing permits for less than 3 years. The first application, training and range time was pretty expensive, slow and painful. Those permits were only good for 4 years. As far as I know, they still haven't finalized the procedure for renewing them. You can bet it will require a large check and copious amounts of paperwork. Mine expires in January, 2011. I believe that the only reason Kansas finally passed the CCW bill was to collect more revenue. They need to take a lesson from Florida and a few other states. Hope Oklahoma gets on the ball and sends yours soon Calvin.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #19
rman
Extraordinary Member

After having traveled through Arizona and New Mexico, I'm proud of Kansas for they way they take care of the roads when the weather turns nasty. The highway crews get out on I70 and blade, sand and salt all night if necessary. When things get so bad they close the road and don't allow anyone on them. These idiots in AZ and NM do nothing to the roads, and don't bother to close them even when they are impassible. We came through the last 50 miiles or so of I40 in NM at mid morning and they still hadn't put down any sand or salt. I guess they are waiting for the spring thaw. We saw dozens of cars, trucks and SUVs in the ditches and the median the last 2 days. Now granted, a lot of these drivers are complete idiots, but I say treat the roadways or close the **** things!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #20
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

I'm proud to be an Okie. I'm proud of the way the Reps. voted on the Health Care bill. I'm proud they are fighting to keep the Fed. Government from taking away our States Rights. Our Reps. are listening to our people, which is not happening on the National level. Hurray for Oklahoma, and may our leaders continue to support us "we the people" if we support them at election time.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote