Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Handguns > Revolvers

Old 01-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default New to me

You guys probably already knew this, but I just found out that Colt has brought back the Python. Hickok45 tested it and liked it. He had a little glitch, but it went away on its own.

P.S. It's a little pricey, but cheaper than a used original.

https://www.colt.com/series/PYTHON_SERIES

https://www.colt.com/series/PYTHON_SERIES
Old 01-24-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

A beautiful handgun!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
panther
Extraordinary Member

If it has any glitch, I'm sure Colt will take care of it. That is a beautiful pistol. I'm jealous.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
rman
Extraordinary Member

I never owned a Python back when they were produced the 1st time. One of my partners had one when we rode together. It was a beautiful gun, but I couldn't shoot it worth a hoot. The double action trigger pull was smooth, heavy and it stacked just before breaking. The grips were too big for my hands and it just didn't feel right. The new version has a much lighter trigger pull, less stacking and slimmer grips. I think I would like one now, but if you are a Python purist, you probably wouldn't. Because of the price, it's probably one I will admire from afar.

That partner got in a gun fight in a parking lot one night, shortly after they moved him back into the canine unit. One of our detectives spotted a homicide suspect and called for backup. Charlie was the first one there. When they tried to arrest the guy, he pulled a revolver and started shooting. Charlie pulled the Python and fired two shots. The first one missed and the second hit the suspect in the right femur. That stopped the fight. He was using Remington 125 gr jacked hollowpoints. At the time, those were one of the hottest loads around. The bullet took about and inch of the guy's femur and he forever walked in prison with a pronounced limp.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:42 PM   #5
dowop

I used to have one & really liked it.Sold it to take my kids to Sea World during the divorce proceedings.As everything turned out 32 yrs later it was not one of my smarter decisions,
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:01 AM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post
I used to have one & really liked it.Sold it to take my kids to Sea World during the divorce proceedings.As everything turned out 32 yrs later it was not one of my smarter decisions,
I've made a lot of those decisions over the years. My divorce cost me Model 19 and Model 29 Smiths. I had 6, 4 and 2-1.2 inch 19s. They all had red ramp fronts, white outline rears, combat triggers and smooth Goncalo Alves grips. I also had 6 and 4 inch 29s. They had the same features as the 19s and all had action jobs by the best gunsmith in this area. I sold them in 1979 and I still miss them. (But don't miss the ex-wife.)
Old 01-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
glockensig

My divorce cost me a Benelli shotgun and two Ruger Vaqueros - both what are now called the Old Model. One was a 7-1/2 in barrel high polish stainless steel version(beautiful) and the other was a 5-1/2 barrel special edition: color case hardened with ivory grips. Makes me sick to think about it. I had four kids to raise tho', so sacrifices had to be made.
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
My divorce cost me a Benelli shotgun and two Ruger Vaqueros - both what are now called the Old Model. One was a 7-1/2 in barrel high polish stainless steel version(beautiful) and the other was a 5-1/2 barrel special edition: color case hardened with ivory grips. Makes me sick to think about it. I had four kids to raise tho', so sacrifices had to be made.
Yup - guns have always been important to me, but family comes first. (But I still miss them.)
Old 01-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #9
dowop

I lost the house & a lot more to the ex & her boyfriend..shortly after her husband. I could go on & on...
This song fits me except I was not going out with a waitress & did not gamble.
I gave it all for the kids..big mistake....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5Xv7QqXiM
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #10
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post
I lost the house & a lot more to the ex & her boyfriend..shortly after her husband. I could go on & on...
This song fits me except I was not going out with a waitress & did not gamble.
I gave it all for the kids..big mistake....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5Xv7QqXiM
Too bad we didn't make better choices when we were young. Between exes, kids and grandkids, I never had much for all the years I worked. Believe it or not, even though I'm retired, I'm better off the last couple of years than I've ever been.