Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #2071
rman
Extraordinary Member

Hang in there Vetter. It sounds like it's not good in area. I've been watching the weather channel off and on all evening. Hopefully you're far enough inland that heavy rain, wind and power loss are your greatest worries. (Not that that isn't bad, but it's better than ocean swell.) My prayers are with you two.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:06 AM   #2072
kansas45

Good morning.

Will Rogers
Old 09-11-2017, 05:53 AM   #2073
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Coffee's on

Sure hope Vetter's OK.

Life is good.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #2074
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Thanks for starting the coffee Teddy! I've been watching the Weather Channel trying to figure out what happened in Vetter's area near Orlando. It looks like they are out of the storm now, but I haven't really heard much about damage/flooding in that area. I have my fingers and toes crossed for him. His last post was at 8:50 p.m. last night. His electricity is probably off and he probably has more important things to worry about then posting here. Sure wish he would check in though.

I think I'm going to head for the range to do a little pistol shooting this morning. It's been so long, I've probably forgotten how. Also need to pick up an aerator for the kitchen sink. I've de-limed the one we have so many times, it is falling apart.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #2075
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Just coffee please Molly.
Hopefully Vetter and Mrs Vetter got through the storm alright. I haven't heard from my sister yet.
It's cool here today. We haven't had any rain in over a week and there's none in the forecast. I'm going to mow today, but it's just weeds that are growing.
Today is 9/11. Remember those we lost to terrorists. Pray for our nation.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:42 AM   #2076
J_B
Extraordinary Member

I hope Vetter is okay, none for the worse of Irma.... I admit I've never ridden out a hurricane before, and do not want to either.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #2077
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Glad the coffee is on.

Hope Vetter is doing well.

I suppose the entertaining part of hurricanes is the intrepid reporter coverage. They stand out in the wind to show you it is raining and blowing. One got out if his truck to show us a tree that had fallen over power lines and was burning. Walked right up to the downed lines.

When I bought incandescent bulbs I pretty much knew what I was getting by looking at the wattage. 60w bulbs were all about the same brightness. 60W equivalent LED's are 450, 600 or 800 lumens. My new ceiling fan is the 600 Lumen type. Need the 800 type. The one in the lamp was 450.

9/11 Never Forget.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #2078
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Howdy gang! We survived, no major damage I can see from the windows, still blowing too much for me to play weather guesser. I did get water on the living room floor. Don't know how it got in. I'm thinking the big picture window needs caulking or it got blown in the soffet. I have a decorative concrete block wall from the carport to the chain link fence that blew down, don't ask me how? Tomorrow I get measured for my cataract lens and Wednesday I get my pacemaker. I'm tired, think I'll eat and try out the recliner. Everybody have a great day and thanks for your concern for our safety.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #2079
rman
Extraordinary Member

Great news Vetter! I'm glad you two got through it all without too many problems. Hopefully it will move completely out of there by tomorrow and give you a break from the wind and rain.

I decided I would take the aerator apart on the kitchen sink this morning and delime it. It was was pretty plugged up and didn't work well at all. The faucet has a pull out spray head that you can switch from a stream to a spray. The plastic parts in it had degraded and they came out in pieces. No problem says I - I'll stop by the hardware store after I go to the range this morning. I needed to mail a bill and the hardware store (Ace) is right across the street. I decided to check there instead of waiting until later. They had them, but not in white. Same story across the street at Roach hardware. No problem says I - I'll just run down the street 2 blocks and go to Sutherlands. Again, no white ones. Then I went clear on the other side of Topeka to Home Depot. No luck there. Went about 2 blocks West and tried Lowes. Voila! They had a white one and it was cheaper then the chrome or brushed aluminum ones I'd been looking at. By that time, I decided it was too late to go shoot. I returned home and installed the new spray head. Well guess what? No water would come out when I turned the faucet on. No amount of tinkering would make it work. I then returned to the first place I tried, Ace hardware, and picked up a brushed aluminum one. Took it home and it worked. It looks like Hell on a white faucet set on a white sink, but at least it works. I'm pretty sure the lady of the house is not going to be impressed when she sees it this evening. My guess - I'll probably have to order a white one online.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #2080
dowop

Really happy to hear you are alright vetter.

Good luck to you rman.
Closed Thread