Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #1701
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on. Pam the ghost got her coffee supposedly with my standing beside her. At least I'm told that's what happened.

Squirrels, chipmunks and birds are going nuts stripping the berries from the dogwoods. Trees are shaking like there is a big wind.

Solved the mirror removal with a mallet. Slipped the screwdiver in the slot and tapped the base with a rubber-tipped mallet. Popped off. The replacement went on with no problem other than shaking. Wouldn't be fun if it were easy. Off to find a replacement that doesn't shake.

Football was interesting. We didn't get any of the close games.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #1702
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good Monday morning. Nice and quiet around here. I haven't been doing much lately. Went to the range last Thursday and ran thru some shotgun drills. I had forgotten what slugs and 00 buck felt like on the shoulder. I attended a Illinois Wing Conference for CAP on Friday and Saturday. Got to see several of my fellow CAP members I hadn't got to see in a while. The class I took was on Incident Command. It was pretty intense but interesting. I haven't been on any MidNight rides for a week or so. Too hot. The doctor doesn't want me outside if its 80 degrees or above.

rman, good to hear Sharon is feeling better.

Have a great Monday.

Life is good.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #1703
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee and wheat toast please - thanks! Sharon called the doctor this morning. She can't get in until tomorrow morning. The doctor said that the hospital doctor did not leave any orders for a followup. Well.. I was there and he definitely told her to followup today. Hmmm... they don't seem to communicate well. What a surprise.

Thanks dowop. I'm glad to see you back on the board. I get worried when I don't see my friends every day. Guess that's what happens as we all get older.

Thanks panther. It doesn't surprise me that the young weekend guys left you a lot of work. Not too many younger folks have the same work ethic as we all had.

Greener it sounds like "A whole lot of shakin' goin' on" in the dogwoods. I didn't realize dogwood has nuts. Hope your do over on the rear view mirror goes well.

Teddybear I don't shoot my shotguns much anymore. I have to take blood thinner and after I shoot it looks like a cannon ball ricocheted off my shoulder.

It's going to be another hot summer day here. The weatherman promises a high of 94 today. I'm glad the yard doesn't need mowed yet.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #1704
Vetter
Banned

Red face

Howdy gang. Did a "Blue Bloods" binge and finished up. Ready now for Friday's season opener. Got a tummy ache this morning, feels like the Crohns is acting up a little. I sure hope Sharon feels better. Good to see dowop's back. Panther, sorry the weekend crew left you old guys a mess. I'm going back to the recliner to stretch out, belly feels better that way. Everybody have a great day, I'll be back.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #1705
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. It's deathly still out and still warm - 81. Tomorrow is supposed to be around 92. I'm sure glad Fall arrives Monday. (The high is supposed to be 80.)

It was a good football weekend for me. K-State played a good game against a good team and won. The Chiefs also beat the dreaded Raiders. KSU has next weekend off and the Chiefs play the Ravens. That should be a tough game.

Sharon is slightly better and sees the doctor tomorrow. I'm beginning to lose faith in the medical profession. They know she has diverticulitis, but have no answer for fixing it except for a colostomy. She adamantly refuses to go that route, so it's a stand off.

See ya tomorrow - keep smilin'. Exit stage left >
Old 09-17-2019, 01:41 AM   #1706
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Went to bed about 8:30 and can't sleep now. Belly feels better and I took a half a xanax, that should get me a couple hours sleep. See y'all in the AM!
Old 09-17-2019, 06:24 AM   #1707
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good morning! Coffee is brewing and I'll go get some donuts and leave them on the counter. For Molly when she arrives!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #1708
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Thanks for the coffee.

Pam got a nice card thanking her for her sweet and helpful personality helping the sender with her genealogy search. She read it to me and I couldn't do anything but agree.

Trying figure out how to get rid of smaller than gnats flying things in the house. First noticed them as black specs in a salt shaker.

The replacement tank of propane I didn't turn on, just screwed in was empty last night when I went to use it. Valves were open. Will get a replacement today and double check grill and tank valves.

Called the dealer and asked about a replacement for the mirror. Parts guy had real problems with me not knowing the VIN, just the year of the car and me telling him that there was no automatic stuff on the mirror, just a manual switch. He allowed as how he might be able to order one that might fit for only $110. The old mirror is back on the windshield. The mirror is identical, down to Donnelly part number as the one on the Rogue. Vetter, if your mirror disappears, I know nothing, nothing.

I'm glad I have all these things to keep me entertained.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:56 AM   #1709
Vetter
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Called the dealer and asked about a replacement for the mirror. Parts guy had real problems with me not knowing the VIN, just the year of the car and me telling him that there was no automatic stuff on the mirror, just a manual switch. He allowed as how he might be able to order one that might fit for only $110. The old mirror is back on the windshield. The mirror is identical, down to Donnelly part number as the one on the Rogue. Vetter, if your mirror disappears, I know nothing, nothing.
Mine has several buttons on it, 2 are garage door opener/closer and I don't know what the others are for. I know I'm cheap and everything costs more than I think it's worth but $110. for a mirror? Got a junk yard around you?

Belly is aching again, I took a mucus pill because i'm loaded with mucus. I'll try that.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #1710
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Smile

Howdy. I went for my weekly blood draw for the coumadin check. I got MidNight out of the stable, saddled up and enjoyed a nice ride there and back. Me and Buddy are presently reviewing GUNSMOKE. Well I am at least since he's snoring. Hopefully the weather holds and I can ride to lodge this evening.

Later.

Life is good.
Closed Thread