Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Cars

Cars Place for Car Discussions.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #1
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default Equinox

Hey dowop. How is the new Equinox? We may be looking again because everything he we have is old and high mileage. Problem is, the wife wants a Premier with leather heated seats and all the stuff. Those things are high dollar and hard to find. I want a fairly low mileage rental/lease one I guess. I'll never buy new again.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Make the woman of the house happy...

Rman, the options you pay thru the nose for new lose a lot of their worth used. My 2018 Rogue SL, MSRP was a touch over $40,000 I had to buy the SL package to get the full autonomous option that added about $1500 over the SL in options like the panoramic sunroof that I opened once when I first got it. The leather interior isn't all real leather except for the trim but it looks & smells great 4 years later. The heated seats feel good on the yearly road trip but I could do without them. It has every option Nissan offers except AWD, had no use for it & it cuts MPG by about 3MPG. The 10 grand or so of options are probably only worth a couple now. I'm not sorry I got a loaded one because I'll probably have it a long time. Point is what cost a lot new doesn't cost that much used. If Sharon wants a Premiere, by all means make sure you get it. You'll enjoy it as much as her. I had a good buddy that used to say, "it only costs a couple bucks more to go first class." By God he was right, he passed at 55, I'm happy he went as first class as a Baltimore Firefighters salary would allow him! We most likely don't have as much time left as we would like. My whole life I hoped to leave Franne in good shape if I go first. Those bases are pretty much covered so a "couple bucks to go first class" is a no brainer. She drives it more than me and she likes it. Two thumbs up. Just my .02 cents, (about a quarter in Biden bucks.) Good luck shopping, it's almost as bad as going to the dentist!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:06 PM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Thanks Vetter. I'm going to keep looking, but I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. There is probably nothing seriously wrong with the Impala and with only 92K miles on a 2013, it's probably good for a while. It just depends on what I can find and how much I could sell the Impala for.