Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Range Reports

Range Reports Place to discuss Shooting.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
glockensig

Default Shamrock range report!

The good news! I changed out the hammer and grips and must have done OK - function was 100%. I was using Defender Ammunition Company - 125g - THP (RL) and here are the first shots at seven yards:

The bad news! I configured this revolver to carry more nicely but the DAO and slimmer grips made it more of a challenge to shoot. Here is one handed(strong hand) shooting again from 7 yards:

My usual range set-up has two steels at 18 yards. I was only three hits outta ten shots on one, and only 2/10 on the other! My best was 3/10 on the gong at 25 yards:

I never did hit the 30 yard popper in ten shots! I also wiffed with ten shots at the 8" square knockdown @33 yards... but I did hit the 8" round knockdown on shot #five at the same distance. I also did go two hits for my first five shots at the 50 yard large steel... but missed the next cylinder-full to finish 2/10...

Back to a more realistic distance. Here are ten shots at seven yards

I am going to put fluorescent orange on the front sight post and that should help a lot. It was a dark, dreary day and picking up the front sight was a challenge.

I unfortunately only had that one load also. I will acquire a few more offerings and see what she likes best. That and some more trigger time and maybe she goes in the rotation...

totals for the gun:

100 rounds representing 1 offering!!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

That last group is much better. Once you get used to that DAO trigger your groups will improve a lot. Making the front sight more visible will help a lot too. (And let's face it - snubbies weren't designed to be 30 yard target guns.)

Thanks for the report!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
glockensig

For sure Rman!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 03-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
For sure Rman!
That Shamrock is beginning to grow on me.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
glockensig

I like snubbies with some color

although my blued Taurus 851 is by far my favorite!!
Aristotle
Old 03-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Wow! That's a colorful quartet. And all I got is 2 stainless snubs and a blued one. (And one of them isn't technically a snub.) I guess really old people have conservative tastes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0602.jpg (34.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0614-Copy.jpg (39.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg AllDigital609.jpg (93.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #7
glockensig

Rman, Yours are gorgeous as well!! My favorite snub is a beautifully blued Taurus 851!!
Aristotle
Old 03-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

Thanks! That little Taurus is a 941. It's an 8-shot .22 WMR with laser grips and it's a good little shooter. That's a terrible photo of it. It has a nice polish and blue job.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 PM   #9
dowop

Nice!
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote