Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #621
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on.

Vetter got me so excited about being tortured I decided today is a great day for heading out to the dentist for my regularly scheduled cleaning.

It's warmed up enough that the dogwood decided to restart blooming.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #622
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang. Thanks for putting on the coffee on greener, you make a good pot of coffee! Hope the dentist is kind to you. I'm in for more torture at 2 PM today. Great race yesterday with a disappointing finish. Kyle Busch won again. I'm starting not to enjoy the races as much. His brother Kurt finished 2nd and said if he could have caught him near the end he would have wrecked him. Even he's tired of his brother winning! Well, time for some boob tube and everybody have a great day!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #623
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. I got up early and did a little grocery shopping this morning. Went to the meat market, Walmart and the little local grocery store. I got the meat divided up, packaged, put in the freezer and the rest put away. Kind of feel like I've done a week's work already. Unfortunately I still have to clean the grill, take out the trash, fill the bird bath and clean the garage floor. A man's work is never done. (I hate the days that my wife works.)

It's 75 degrees here and headed for 80 with light winds and lots of sunshine.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #624
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Rman, I got pooped out just reading all that work! We had afternoon and evening T-storms so summer is about here. Mistress Teresa came by today and put me through the rounds and told me plans were for David to come Thursday to discharge me so it was "bye bye" time. I could use more but have made good improvement and must continue on my own. With the pool temp up, being able to walk in the pool will help a lot. She did a very good job with me and looked hot as a fire cracker while doing it! Nothing like a pretty woman with a great personality to motivate an old fart. Tomorrow I plan on maybe a morning walk with the 4 wheel walker and an afternoon pool walk. I just hope I can stick to it. Made it to 89 today but tomorrow is only supposed to reach 79 with once again PM T-storms. Well, everybody sleep well and I'll see y'all in the AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:32 PM   #625
dowop

Good Morning. Girls are not here so I got the coffee ready to go.
Just flip the switch...
Going to the Dentist today & see the hygienist from hell.
Last time she had me in the chair almost upside down with a tube in my mouth & decides to take my blood pressure.She said it was high & to make a long story short I complained to the Dentist so today will probably be interesting.
Going to sit under a bridge for a while.
Wishing everyone a good day.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:15 AM   #626
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I flipped the switch on the coffee maker and it's ready for consumption. Thanks for getting it ready dowop. Are you fishing under the bridge or just visiting with the homeless? Good luck with the dentist today.

Sounds like your PT has gone well Vetter. You're going to miss the blond.

It got up to 82 yesterday with lots of sun and light winds. Today it should be 79, partly cloudy and a little windier. Tomorrow will be 81 and Thursday 56. That's Kansas for you.

Hope you're all well and sleeping in this morning.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #627
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Good morning gang! I didn't get to sleep until 2:30 and was up at 6:30, that pretty much guarantee's I'll be holding down the recliner checking my eyelids for holes at some point today. I wish I was sleeping in. Dowop, you made a fine pot of coffee and thanks to rman it's ready. Good luck with hygienist from hell. We have a 90% chance of PM thunderstorms today accompanied with wind and hail. We had a bill to legalize recreational use of marijuana up yesterday but it died. It's legal for medical use hopefully helping many.I think I'll take my AM meds and try the recliner. See y'all later and have a great day!
Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 AM   #628
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. Thanks for the coffee Dowop and Rman. The girls like it when we get the coffee started, one less thing for them to do. They have biscuits and gravy out for me. The perfect way to start the day.
My son goes to the dentist again this afternoon. He doesn't seem to mind it that much. I think they have some pretty girls working there.
I put off doing my taxes as long as I could and finally got them done yesterday. I'm actually getting back about $100 more this year then last year. Thanks Pres. Trump.
We've had weather in the upper 70's, close to 80, for the last 2 days. Tomorrow is supposed to be 83, then the front comes through and temps will be in the upper 50's. But it won't last long. Before you know it, it'll be hot and humid again.
Good luck to all of you seeing the dentist. Have a good day.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #629
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning, what's left of it. I have coffee cooling in the pot because the hotplate timer went out. And, I just learned it is psychopath special. Scientists from detailed study of almost no one have said that people who drink black coffee have a greater tendency to be psychopaths. I've doubled down on being a psychopath because I drink unsweetened tea and black coffee and have for over 50 years. This may have been something that AOC just mentioned.

Got my taxes ready to mail out. I had to pay, but I expected that. If you hurry Panther I've put your money into the treasury. You are welcome. rman, I try to get my housework done before the boss wakes up so she won't be unhappy. Actually, what I'd hear is I wasn't doing it right. We've been married for 50 years and it is not my fault she has failed to properly train me.

Things I've learned by actually doing my taxes without Turbo Tax. You can pay by direct pay from your checking account but you are limited to 2 payments per 24 hours and each payment cannot be more than $10 million. And you can't pay more than $100 million per day by check. Paying taxes is really complicated. Just like the government to make giving them my money difficult.

I thought the NCAA championship game was good enough to stay up for. Since I live in Virginia, I'm glad that the Wahoo's won.

JB's got me looking into what benefits I have from the NRA other than the American Rifleman. So, I'm going to call them while I drink black coffee and fight off my urge to pull the wings off flies.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #630
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. Glad you told me about the black coffee greener. I've been wondering why I have these murderous rages all the time. Darn good thing I don't own any guns. It's hard telling how many atrocities I might have committed.

It's a beautiful day here. Our weather sounds just like panther's.