Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #41
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I started Teddy's coffee just before the girls walked in. Thanks Teddybear. Molly I'll have a couple of digital breakfast burritos please, to go with my imaginary coffee. It's going to be cooler here today, but still will be a good January day. When I got up at 4:00 this morning, the temperature was 44. The high will be 52 with sunny skies and a breezy NW wind.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #42
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Good morning fellers! Molly, a couple of digital breakfast burritos sounds good, imaginary coffee is OK too but real Bailey's Irish Cream please! Thanks for getting the coffee ready Teddybear. Rman, a high of 52 would have us in long johns down here. We're looking for a high of 81. I had a rough PT session yesterday He beat be pretty bad and I'm sore today. He's coming back today for an evaluation and he said he would recommend another month. I sure need it. My calf and thigh muscles have grown and I'm somewhat stronger but still can't walk very far. Molly, those digital breakfast burritos didn't fill me up at all, I think I'll get Wifey to whip me up some ham and eggs! See y'all later and have a great day!
Old 01-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #43
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Glad I got the coffee.

If you were an ACC or Clemson fan, great game last night. The way the finals have gone for the past few years they ought to rename it to Tiger-Tide Fest.

Nice warm day. I may go fiddle with Pam's car.

Supposed to be in the 60's today, then head down hill for rain and snow or the weekend.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #44
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Molly, I'll join the others in all the food my Dr says I can't have, pancakes with lots of syrup, bacon, sausage, spicy breakfast burritos. He said I can have one cup of coffee a day, so bring me one of those super sized cups and fill it up.
It felt like summer here yesterday. We were at 62 degrees. Today is supposed to be about 50.
Have a great day everyone
Old 01-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #45
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. Its a warm morning here, but it is really windy. I should have plenty of limbs to pick up this spring. I'm not planning on doing much today. May tinker around in the garage for a bit while a couple of New York strip's are in the smoker.

panther, I feel for ya. Seems like all the doctors want to do is take all the good tasting things away from us. My doctor told me I could have 1 regular cup of coffee per day, and then switch to decaf if I want any more.

greener, sounds like you are going to have the same weekend weather we going to get.

Vetter, tell your PT dude that if he hurts you, you will hurt him back.

Catch y'all later.

Life is good.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #46
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Vetter, tell your PT dude that if he hurts you, you will hurt him back.

Life is good.
He's big, young and in good shape, I behave myself.

Greener when you said "fiddle with Pam's car." I remember you saying Cadillac was pushing woman in their TV adds. I seen one where a woman was tooling around in a Caddy SUV. Beautiful car and I stopped the TV when it got to the small print. In bold type was Starting at $29,990. then, as shown $56+ thousand. I think the Impala is worth some fiddling! Panther, my doctor is good about telling me about my diet because for the most part I keep my sugar good. I'm 5'7" and 204, fat but for a diabetic it's tough to stay only that fat. My weight problem is not moving around enough to burn off anything. Oh well, all us old geezers are in the same boat!
Old 01-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #47
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Today was windy, but not too bad for January. You'd probably need a parka Vetter, but I got by with a hooded sweatshirt. It was a little chilly, but not bone-chilling.

We have 2 major hospitals in Topeka. Each one has it's own cardiology, cancer and orthopedic, etc. centers. My cardiologist moved from one to the other in December. I have an appointment scheduled for the 17th of this month. I haven't seen him for about a year and a half. I figured he would probably want blood work done before I came in. I called the new heart center this morning to find out where they wanted me to go for the blood tests. I got a recording that advised that due to high call traffic, no operators were available. I was advised to leave a message and they would call back as soon as possible. Well... it's 8:29 p.m. and they still haven't returned my call. I don't think I'm going to like this new place.

Vetter I'm the same height has you, but you have me beat by exactly 50 lbs. I lost 15 lbs during 2018 and would like to lose another 14. I didn't diet or exercise, so I don't know how I lost the weight. I'm pretty thin except for the beer gut.

See you all later - keep smilin'.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #48
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Rman, glad your weight is good you skinny SOB but the "due to high call traffic, no operators were available" sucks big time. Buddy, I'm sure you are fit as a fiddle but may need a doctor to keep better tabs on you. God Bless you all and I'll see y'all in the AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #49
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good morning every one. Its clear, sunny, windy and going to be a cold day in our neck of the woods. It was in the 40's yesterday and wont get out of the upper 20's today. Not much on my slate of things to do for today. The refrigerator is making a weird noise so we need to get ahold of the repairman to see what's wrong with it. Its only 8 years old. They sure don't make em like to used to.

You guys talking about diet ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Don't you know that's a four letter word!!

See ya later.

Life is good.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #50
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Molly, coffee and a big western omelet please, thanks.
It is sunny, but 32 today. There's light frost all over the fields around here.
I visited 2 local gun shops yesterday, just for the fun of it. I don't know why, but prices seemed high at both of them. New stuff was high, that didn't surprise me, but older pistols were high too. When I worked at a shop, we sold the old H&R 22 revolvers cheap. They never had the following most other brands had. They were $100 pistols, or close to that. A local shop has one now, and it is in nice shape, but they have it priced at almost $400. If I had only known back then what prices would be like, I'd be a rich man now.
I have a new project to work on, I want to get new tires for the Rav4. I started looking and found prices all over the place, but also found alot of shops have different fees and charges to put on tires, dispose of the old ones. I'm going to keep myself busy doing some research and find a good deal.
Have a great day today.