Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #661
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Had an okay day.... had to attend a gathering with my son, only problem was that his wife brought lots of her friends from her job along she is not and I mean "NOT" on my Christmas card list.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #662
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on and aging.

A couple lines of thunderstorms came through this morning about 3AM. The news says they took down trees and power lines in the area. They didn't knock blossoms off my dogwoods so we were lucky. I was awake during the heavy rain and bangs because my niacin itch kicked in about that time. After an hour, I loaded a British history pod cast and lasted about 5 minutes listening to religious conversions in 600AD Britain. One of these days, I'm going to hear the whole 20 minutes.

Yesterday and today are peak for the dogwood blossoms and they are gorgeous this year. The grass and weeds are about "peak" and I suppose I'll have to do something about that. The lawnmower probably needs an oil change and the blade needs a sharp.

Panther, good luck with your wife's rehab.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #663
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Biscuits & gravy and a cup of greener's coffee please. The sun is shining and we are headed for 75 degrees later today. It's going to be a little breezy, but otherwise a perfect day.

My wife is supposed to have a tooth built up and a temporary crown installed Wednesday, but she developed a toothache Friday. I figure it is impacted and tried to get her to to call the dentist. He could have called in a prescription for antibiotic and it would have had time to work. I doubt that he will do the work scheduled for Wednesday. I realize that she is a "superior being", but occasionally I'm right. (Shhh! Don't tell her I said that.)

After losing 10 games in a row, the KC Royals managed to win 3 in a row against the Indians this weekend. Now they are headed to Chicago for a series against the White Sox. Wonder if they will have to shovel snow before they can play.

Speaking of snow, are you buried Teddybear?

It sounds like you're a big fan of your DIL J_B. She must be like mine.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #664
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Molly, coffee and some biscuits and gravy please. Thanks.
The sun came out yesterday and it turned into a nice day. We went for a drive and found a yard sale. I was looking for a new cover for my cell phone and didn't want to pay a lot for it. This yard sale had 2 tables of phone covers for $1 each, all still in the wrapper. I wound up buying 3. My son has a similar phone, I figured he might want one too.
Have a happy Monday.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #665
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! Thanks for making the coffee greener. Could I have a cup please Molly, thanks. Sorry you have a bad daughter in law J_B. I'm lucky, I married into a great family, all my in laws couldn't be better. Greener, I wouldn't have made 5 minutes of religious conversions in 600AD Britain. I can't stand British movies, I need the "closed captioning" on. Rman, you were right about the prescription for antibiotics, but I won't tell her! Glad your Grandson Trevor came for a visit and playing with the RC cars. Good you two are close. Panther, sounds like you found a bonanza in cell phone covers, must have been your day, should ave bought a Lottery ticket! MaMa is making a batch of stuffed peppers in the slow cooker then she is feeding me re-runs for breakfast. Well, see y'all later and have a great day!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #666
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Smile

Mornin. Nice sunny morning around here. Ms Jeane is out on here morning delivery/pick up. GUNSMOKE just came on. I'm not planning on too much till my CAP meeting this evening.

panther, I quit going to yard sales, I've got enough yard to mow as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Speaking of snow, are you buried Teddybear?
rman, it just spit some snow 2 or 3 times, just enough to see it, late yesterday afternoon. It did however rain just about all day, and the wind was pretty stout. It was a stay inside and fondle firearms day.

I'm like you Vetter, I don't much care for British movies either.

Later.

Life is good.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #667
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
panther, I quit going to yard sales, I've got enough yard to mow as it is.
Good line Teddy!

Good evening. It was a little windy today, but overall a great day. It's still 76 and will be a mild 55 in the morning.

Glad you didn't get dumped on by snow Teddybear. I watched 5 recorded epsides of Gunsmoke today - good entertainment.

See ya later - keep smilin'.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #668
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Howdy gang, good day for Gunsmoke! Hopefully that was the last snowfall! Beautiful day here today, we spent almost 2 hours in the pool. Water temp is up to 84, perfect! I did about 1/2 hour walking in the pool and hope it helps. I think I'll say goodnight, sleep well and see y'all tomorrow!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #669
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. The girls just got here, coffee is ready and hot food is cooking.
It's been sunny and windy here. The wind was howling all night. At least it was a south wind and has been warm.
We took advantage of Tax Day discounts that some stores offer on April 15th yesterday and went to Firehouse Subs for a "buy one, get one free" deal on their subs. They make good food there.
I may be traveling to visit the in-laws in the next day or two. My wife wants to visit her folks.
Have a great day.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:35 AM   #670
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Molly I'd like some coffee and an order of bacon with a side of bacon. It's going to be sunny, windy and 83 here today. That almost sounds like Vetter weather. I'm going to enjoy today and tomorrow because the temps will drop into the 50's Thursday.

Panther we don't have a Firehouse Subs around here. I hear it advertised on the radio and figured it was just a Kansas City thing. Around here its Subway, Goodcents, Jersey Mike's and Planet Subs. Goodcents is my favorite - they have the best bread of the ones locally.

My wife called the dentist and he phoned in a prescription for a steroid and antibiotic. The steroid gave her a terrible headache that kept her up all night. She's sleeping right now and I'm tiptoeing around so I don't wake her. Shhh - quiet please.