Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #1921
kansas45

Thanks, Vetter! A beer or 12 is just what I need right now!

Will Rogers
Old 10-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #1922
rman
Extraordinary Member

I'll take on of those beers Molly. Thanks Vetter!
Old 11-01-2014, 12:33 AM   #1923
kansas45

Any beer left? Anyone? Hey! Where is everybody?

Will Rogers
Old 11-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #1924
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Mornin gang. Welcome to Saturday. Molly and Cinnamon stayed out too late last nigh at Halloween parties. The coffees is hot, and the grill is ready, so help yourself.

Have a great day.

Life is good.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #1925
kansas45

Dang good coffee, Teddy. Guess I'll slip out to the kitchen and whip myself up something to eat. Anybody need anything while I'm cooking?
Going to the farm to work on the loading chute. I need to pull the ramp out and weld some reinforcements under it. We raised it a little the other day to load some cows and the ramp bent. If I stay after it, I can have everything back together by dark.

Will Rogers
Old 11-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #1926
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning, glad the coffee is hot.

Took my '03 Impala to the dealer for the GM ignition switch recall. Figured that if it were really faulty, it should have already gone, but took it in anyway. Took an hour at the shop. The recall fix was done without touching the ignition switch. All they did was remove all or part of the rubber on the head, put in a metal reinforcing bar, add loctite and put on a new rubber head. They made the hole in the key smaller so you couldn't hang things from the key. It doesn't stop anyone from hanging things on the ring that goes through the hole in the key or the ring that goes through the ring, or putting a bigger ring on the key so you can hang dumbells from it. I wonder how many senior managers, engineers and lawyers it took and how long it took to come up with that piece of idiocy.

The nice thing about hanging out at the dealer is that I got to troll through the showroom. Big time sticker shock. The Stingray looks great, but it isn't quite as cool as a '65. Found a replacement Impala for Pam's for only $45k. I think we should just put up the extra $20k and get the Vette. Pam gave me the raised eyebrows and said "sure." I'm probably asking for a pile of disconnected car parts in the driveway, but that Impala has had zero maintenance other than wear out items in 10 years. Still has original brake pads. (111k miles).

Friday's entertainment started with I noticed that my laptop couldn't connect to the network backup drive. It wasn't connecting with the router. After an hour of fiddling on my end I spent another hour on the phone with Seagate before they agreed with me that it was broke. You can't just call those folks and tell them "broke." Their tech support center is in Oklahoma City. Fairly nice group and they all speak English.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #1927
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy gang! Time for a cold Bud 55 please. Finished my little plumbing job, back is hurting. Good side is, the back ache makes my knees hurt less. Boy, it's down right cold today! It's 61 now and windy, gusts to 40. Supposed to hit 42 overnight breaking the old record of 44. Might have to put the heat on! It would be a great day to clean the garage but my old back needs the recliner more than I need a clean garage. Race at 3:30 so the afternoon is planned. Greener, we haven't bought a new car since 2005 when both cars went under the ocean in a hurricane. Franne's Element only has 34,000 on it and the Vette 28,000 so lucky me I don't have to get sticker shock. Well, this old coot needs an early adult beverage and the recliner. Everybody have a great day!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #1928
kansas45

Good evening y'all.
Not much going on around here tonight. Ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut and am getting ready to reload some 6mm Rat ammo and watch the K-State / Oklahoma State football game. Son Jeff is a weight traning coach for the Oklahoma State football team. I gave him a pep talk over the phone earlier this afternoon, but he assured me that he already had things under control.
Worked in the farm shop today and got the wood stove about ready for winter, I need to build a new rack for the inside, and some new lights put up over the welding table. My plan for tomorrow is to build the log holder-upper for the stove, and power wash the Farmall to get it ready for paint.

Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #1929
kansas45

Y'all go back to bed. It's a hour earlier than you think!
Coffe is on, the girls just got here and are busy getting the Sunday buffet ready.
I'm headed to Filthy Maes for my Sunday morning dose of wisdom, then over to Mel's to check out the campalance and kill some time untill Orchlens opens at 10:00 so I can get some stove pipe and stuff.
Everybody have a great day!

Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #1930
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy gang! I sure could use a coffee! Kansas, you sure can find stuff to keep you busy! I don't have a problem finding stuff that needs doing, I just look in another direction when I do. Today I'll be looking on line to order NASCAR race pizza. It got cold overnight, almost tied the record. I have the heater on! Back into the 80's by Tuesday. The whole house is ceramic tile so when it's cold it feels like you're living in a fridge. Could be a good day to go back under the covers an watch a movie! Everybody have a great day!
Closed Thread