Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #1631
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. The coffee is done and today's special is a ham & cheese omelet with toast, juice and coffee. It's a little nippy here this morning. Right now it's 47 with a little fog. It's supposed to be a pretty day.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #1632
kansas45

Good morning.
I'll have the special with a big glass of tomato juice and a Budweiser please, Molly.

Will Rogers
Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 AM   #1633
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Added 3-alarm pepper jack to the cheese omelet. Warmed me up on a chilly (57F) morning.

Not much going on today. Looks like the time to harvest the hot peppers and make some more Ghost and Scorpion pepper relish.

One of my maternal aunts is in her last days (stroke, dementia) and I'm debating making the 600 mile round trip before Thursday as I had planned. She was doing fine on her 90th birthday but fell and broke her hip and has rapidly declined since. My mother had 5 sisters and a brother and my father had 5 brothers and a sister. All that remains of that generation are two of my mother's sisters.

Remember when we were kids and there were parents and old geezer generations. Did you ever think about becoming the geezer generation or imagine you would be it way back then?

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #1634
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Molly, just coffee please. Thanks.
We had a pretty strong storm blow through here about 7pm last night. Pea sized hail, strong wind, heavy rain, the works. It blew over a bench on my deck but not much else here. About two blocks down, an old birch tree blew down. It just missed the guys shed by inches.
Greener, when my dad passed, a guy at our church lost his father about a week later. He was talking to me later that week and mentioned that now, we are the old folks at family reunions. All those kids are looking at us the way we used to look at our parents and grandparents, and aunts and uncles. I've decided to be remembered as the crazy uncle that lets the kids do whatever they want and gives them candy. There's one in every family, might as well be me.
I hope you all have a great day. Be safe.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #1635
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy gang. Tall mug of Irish but leave a little room for some coffee. Sorry about your Aunt, Greener. Franne's Dad is going down fast. They took him from the home to the hospital. He has pneumonia, sepsis, obstructed bowel, his heart is failing and he's on a ventilator. Mom said the machines aren't going to stay long. We're waiting for the call and I'll get Franne a flight up. She has plenty family to lean on. Flying with Crohn's and a colostomy can be a headache so I'm not going. I'll be watching Spooky Dog. She's glad she went up last week and seen him in better shape. I pray he goes real soon. Well gang, some of us are in the geezer stage. I actually never really thought about it. I probably wouldn't have done much different if I could have it to do over. Panther, that's cool, being THAT Uncle! Rman was sure right, "Enjoy your Monday no matter what you're doing today - heck there might not be a Tuesday ya know." Everybody have a good day!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #1636
Vetter
Banned

Franne's Dad passed away around 1 PM. He had last rights, surrounded by family the ventilator plug was pulled and he went peacefully. Mom and Dad had talked that over a few years ago so his wife of 67 years didn't have to feel any guilt. Franne's booked to fly up Thursday, Viewing Friday AM and into his vault in the afternoon. Celebration and cookout to follow and all to be done in one day sounds really good. Franne will be back home Wednesday. He was really a good man, took care of his family and was a great father in law. I'm happy to have been his friend and happy to have the daughter he raised my my wife. I thank the Lord for taking him without him suffering too much. Rest in peace my good friend Frank, I'll sure treasure all the fun times we had together!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #1637
JDL

Angry

Vetter.... Sorry for your loss. All we can hope for is an easy end. Prayers sent for friends and family.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #1638
kansas45

Prayers sent to you, Franne and the entire family, Vetter.

Will Rogers
Old 09-17-2014, 02:29 AM   #1639
panther
Extraordinary Member

Prayers from here too Vetter.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #1640
kansas45

Good morning.
Coffee is made and the computers are screwed up here at the dealership. Gotta go get something done about this.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread