Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #71
kansas45

You have been busy, rman!

Will Rogers
Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 AM   #72
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
You have been busy, rman!

Good morning. I got here early this morning so I could get some much-needed coffee started. Picked up some bear claws on the way in also. Driving is a little slickery this morning - looks like we have about an inch of sleet. It's enough to cover the lawn and driveway anyway. It's days like this that make me happy I'm retired. I wouldn't even venture out, but the PA ordered a chest x-ray at the clinic for me this morning. I think it's a waste of Medicare's money, but if I don't go, they'll probably bill them anyway. I went to the doctor Friday because my nose bleeds quite a bit when I blow it. I couldn't get in to see the doc, but the physician's assistant looked me over. She seemed to think it was just the dry Winter air and recommended a humidifier. Just to be on the safe side, she scheduled the x-ray. I hope you all have a good one.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:14 AM   #73
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. Thanks for the coffee and bear claws Rman. I hope x-ray goes well.
This past week was an interesting one for me. My computer got all messed up for awhile. It was freezing up at times, I'd shut it down, come back later and find it on. I ran a malware scan that took over 2 hours to run with all the freezes. Finally got malware attached to Apple files in the computer. At one point I got a warning that Google Chrome had crashed, I don't use Google Chrome! I finally got the malware out and deleted every file I could find from Apple and things seem back to normal.
I also went to get my prescription pills refilled for the first time this year on Tuesday. I've had no co-pay on these pills since I started taking them in March. New year, new plan, of the 3 I take, 2 only cost $9 for co-pay. My blood pressure pill, a generic btw, is $306 a month. I figure I can keep my blood pressure under control alot better if I'm not shelling out that much for one lousy pill. I see the Dr on Friday and I'm pretty sure he was going to take me off those anyway. I just beat him to it.
Have a great Monday everyone, and a great week ahead.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #74
kansas45

Good morning.
No sleet here, rman, but it is a little slick. Last nights drizzle froze on the road in places. People here don't realize that even though there is no moisture in the air that the roads are treacherous. I had a guy tailgate me through about 10 miles of deer country. The SOB was so close that I couldn't see his headlights in the mirror. I kept slowing down a little at a time, to give him the chance to pass. When he finally did, he mashed the gas, drove around me and promptly spun into the shallow ditch on the East side of the road. I could tell that nothing bad happend, so I just drove on by. Serves him right!
I hope you're right about the BP pills, panther. If you don't need them any longer ,the money you save can go into the firearm / ammo fund.
Well, it's almost meeting time. I suppose I had better get over the the conference room.

Will Rogers
Old 01-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #75
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good mornin' gang! Rman, coffee is good and there are stil some bear claws. Rman, I had a Doctor in Key West that over charged Medicare. I took the statement from Medicare to an office visit and asked him about an injection he billed them and why was the visit so expensive when I only went for Rx refills. He said, "leave that with me and I'll look into it". I told him his office staff can copy it and I would go to Medicare and ask about it. He never pulled that crap on me again. Panther, they're in cahoots with the drug company and get compensated for selling their stuff. Kansas, that guy in the ditch is priceless! Nothing will take that smile off your face! Nothing going on at Castle Vetter today that I know of. That's the way I like it! It was 79 yesterday and may hit 80 today but an 80% chance of rain. We can use it. The lake came up a couple feet in a few days with zero rain. Franne seen a county water management guy and he said they started pumping a retension pond in. It is still rising a little bit every day so I guess it's still on. It's about time. OK fellows, have a great day!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #76
rman
Extraordinary Member

Kansas - I love it when that happens! That happened to me in New Mexico a few years ago. He even flipped me off when I drove by! Go figure - it wasn't my fault he was ignorant.
Panther - Hope the doc gets you off those high dollar pills. My cardiologist has been really good about getting me on generics whenever possible. The savings are tremendous.
I'm kind of like Vetter - not much going on at the rman shack today. Have to make the trip to the clinic, go to the bank and maybe visit the local coffee shop on the way home.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #77
kansas45

Well, heck. All I get to do today is work.

Will Rogers
Old 01-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #78
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good morning gang. Nice and icy around here this morning. Put in enough supplies for a couple of days so we're good to go. Im just going to set back and watch the world go by.

Y'all have a great day and stay safe.

Life is good.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #79
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Well, heck. All I get to do today is work.
I sure am sorry Pilgrim!
I'm back from my errands. The clinic will call me if they see any problems with the x-rays. I'm pretty darn sure they won't. Sharon always bugs me until I go to the doctor. They probably think I'm a hippopotamus, uh... I mean hypochondriac.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #80
kansas45

A big bowl of chilli please, Molly.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread