Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #11
kansas45

Don't worry LA. I'll make the coffee and Molly is usually in a good mood.
Its cold this morning!

Will Rogers
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Good Morning, LaGun and Kansas. I think everybody did too much celebrating the new year yesterday, and are sleeping in. Just tell Molly what you want, and she'll fix you right up. She has kept us Old Farts going for a long time, and the funny thing is she looks just as young now, as she did when she first started to work. It was a warm, sunny, day here yesterday, perfect for popping a few Armadillo's. This morning the temp is 21 with a 20mph wind. The chill factor is -5. Quite a contrast from 60 yesterday. Typical Oklahoma weather. If you don't like the weather today, stick around until tomorrow, and it will be completely different. Everyone have a great day.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #13
glockensig

Morning fellas! Coffee please...and keep it flowing! Hectic day yesterday...hope the rest of the year is not soo frantic. I did have lots of family and food around...so I shouldn't complain.
4-6 inches of snow coming today, and then the temperatures go in the dumper! Keep reminding yourselves guys, that the days ARE getting longer...heck for almost two weeks now!
Well, UPS should be off break ...and I have a little ammo that outta be showing up today. Life is good...and by the way fellas...Happy New Year!!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #14
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. We had more snow last night and it's colder than... usual. Tristan raced again last night, and again we came home in blizzard-like conditions. It wasn't as bad as last Saturday night though. There wasn't ice and sleet under the snow. It's going to be cold and miserable all day. I plan on being a house plant today. If you live North of Texas, stay warm if you can.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #15
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I plan on being a house plant today.
I like that rman!

We've been lumping out today. Painter has me PO'ed. he's a no show again. Hasn't been here since 12/21/2013! I know he'll finish because I still own him $1600. He ain't getting a penny until the exterior is done and then I'll hit him with what sucks on the inside. If he doesn't want to re-do what is bad inside I'll hire somebody else to do it and take it from what I owe him. It's in the 80's today but a cold front moving thru will get us in the 50's tomorrow, brrrrr. Well, as usual, I wish all to have a great day!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
kansas45

FIFTY degrees??? How will you survive, Vetter?
Not much customer traffic today. We have plenty to do without any more coming in anyway.

Will Rogers
Old 01-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
FIFTY degrees??? How will you survive, Vetter?
We have heat, an electric blanket and a dog to snuggle. We'll be OK. Thank's for your concern. It's been a good no chores day. Maybe tomorrow. I had one of the CFL light bulbs blow. It made a real loud boom and kicked the breaker. No evidence of any flame or burnt anything, looked like new but was dead. It was about 3 years old because we replaced all the bulbs here when we moved in, first to go. I bought most from Walmart and some from Lowe's. I checked them when that brand scare was around the web and had none of them but all were from China. They may be programed by the Chinese to blow at the push of a button in China so they can invade us! That could make a decent "B" movie plot!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #18
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

10 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'm ready to go stay with Vetter for a while.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
10 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'm ready to go stay with Vetter for a while.
Teddybear, we have a wicked cold front moving in. It's still pretty warm, 70 at 8:40 PM but tomorrow we're supposed to only be mid 50's. Better than Il. but dang cold for here! Come on down, bring paint brushes! I'm leaving a big old bottle of Irish Cream for the AM, we'll all need it! Have a good night gang!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:16 AM   #20
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
We should probably all head to Vetters, Teddy. Its starting to get pretty cold around here. Good old rman can paint and the rest of us can give him moral support from the bar.
Coffee is ready. I Gotta go start Molly's Mercedes, it don't wanna run this cold morning. Be back in a little while.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread