Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #71
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy from snowy east central Illinois. We ended up with 7 3/4" of the white stuff with some wind. With that said, we didn't do any thing but stare out the window and watched it snow.

See ya later.

Life is good.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #72
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Hope you get a warm spell to make it better! That's too much!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #73
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Glad you're back home safe and sound. Everything is pretty much in order except Mrs. panther is having problems with her stability getting around. Panther is having trouble getting her a doctors appointment quickly enough and it all just sucks. Us guys been praying for help from above but she is still in distress. I hope your mini-vacation was a real good time for you and Sharon. I'll see you in the AM for breakfast buddy!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #74
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. I'm in a little early so I put the coffee on. Sorry, no donuts today, but I have some bananas.
Our rain finally ended about 5pm yesterday, and we did get some snow flakes at the end of it, but nothing that stayed around. There are slick spots out there this morning but, for the most part, it's just cold and wet. Teddybear, we haven't had a snow like that in a few years here. It's nice to be able to just watch it from the window. For years I had a job that expected us to show up for work no matter how much it snowed. I spent some nerve wreaking mornings driving into work in snow storms. I won't ever do that again.
How about them Chiefs?!
Thanks again for the prayers for Judy. She's having a rough time of it right now. She told me to tell you she is grateful for you all.
Have a good Sunday.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #75
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's cloudy and 31 here with a North wind blowing. It sounds like that is going the be the high for the day. Looks like the snow will be around for a few days. I'm not complaining though - we only have about half of what Teddybear has.

I'm still pumped up about the Chiefs beating the Colts yesterday. They say it's been 25 years since they have won a playoff game at home. As Chiefs fans, we've become accustomed to them losing playoff games. Some of those have been against the Colts. In the first half, it was the "Mahomes Magic", and the defense. In the second half, it was mostly the defense and they really stepped up to the plate. If the defense can step up like that next week, we have a pretty good chance of making it to the Super Bowl. It would be nice - our last trip there was in 1969 and Lenny Dawson was quarterback!

I need to clean off my car today and make a trip to the mailbox. I didn't get the mail yesterday. I will need to get the snow off it anyway. I'm sure I will be driving Sharon to work tomorrow.

Molly I'll have a cup of panther's coffee and a banana. Thanks panther!
Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #76
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Drinking coffee while watching Bliz-zard, or a couple inches of snow followed by rain and freezing rain. Expect to have this mess or snow continue the rest of the day. I didn't get coffee in my milk and fritters trip. We are down to a 4 day supply. Crisis is imminent.

The grocery store was a busy yesterday but it didn't look like the panic the news said it was later. We now have the Snow Authority broadcasting from Storm Rider 6 showing us the roads are mostly clear, or something. Do I make the emergency 3/4-mile coffee run today in the toy car, the pickup or Pam's 16-year old chevy?

I spent yesterday getting all my exercise by watching sports. NC State started out beating Pitt like a rug then the starting center/forward got ejected for grabbing an ankle and tripping the guy walking over him. A bit later the star guard went up and landed flat on his tailbone to be carried off the court. Then they decided to see how many fouls the remaining 8 could make. Made for an exciting game. Wrestling, Duke-Fl State BBall and the football games made for an interesting day. The Colts seemed to take a while to realize they were in a football game for 3 quarters.

I'm reading a book written by one of my fishing buddies who was in the NC Highway Patrol for over 20 years. Best story so far is coming up to a guy sitting in his car on the edge of the road racing the engine. It was in park. He knocks on the window, gets the guy out of the car with no problem. All responses from the drunk were "Yes, sir." Took the guy to the Magistrate who asked the drunk why he was being so polite. The response was "I'm not going to cross any SOB who can walk up my car while I'm doing 60mph."

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #77
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. We got another inch of snow over night, bringing the grand total to 8 3/4 inches. No church this morning because of it. Ms Jeane is in her quilt studio and I'll probably mess around the reloading room for a while.

panther, for 20 years I had to work in this kind of weather. rman's been there to. I always grabbed a box of accident reports, and used most of them. People do like to play bumper cars when it snows. I also had 10 years of it on the fire dept. I remember one year we were fighting a broom factory fire, and I stood so long in one spot running a front mounted pump that my boots were froze to the ground. I do feel for the people that HAVE to be out in it.

greener, if you don't make it to the store for coffee, maybe we can organize an air drop for you. A mans got to have his coffee.

Y'all stay safe.

Life is good.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #78
Vetter
Banned

Talking Mostly Sunny, High 81 F.

Gosh, y'all got some crappy weather going on! I always hated the cold and snow wasn't something I like except when the schools were closed. I guess that's why I have called Florida home for over 40 years. Molly, I gotta have a hot chocolate in order to read any more about the woeful weather. Food's up, I gotta see you later!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #79
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Ok gang, I'm back. Had to take a trip to Harbor Freight for a Pneumatic Roller Seat, sale ends today. Maybe I can do a couple chores from my job jar. It adjusts 15-20" high and it should be handy. Panther, I hated driving anything, especially 18 wheelers in the snow, nothing as exciting as looking in the mirror and seeing nothing but your trailer coming towards the cab. Never fully jack-knifed but sure came close. As long as you have room and the traction to accelerate you can "pull" the trailer back behind you. Rman, glad the Chiefs won, I hope the Saints defense and the great Drew Brees have met a match with similar strength. Not saying Foles is a match for Brees stats but he is hotter than a pistol and the defending Super Bowl Champion. The best bench warmer in football has won late in the season playoff games last and this year. Should the Eagles trade him I hope they never win another game. I may still not be a fotball fan but I am a Nick Foles backer. Can you tell I'm excited! MaMa's making a game time white scallop garlic pie. Greener, I never really liked football but always hated basketball. I know most of y'all are big fans but I can't get into it. Greener, Uber will bring you coffee, don't panic, that's what the weather guessers do to us. I bet there is a book in every retired LEO! Teddybear, not many are cut out for for Police or Firefighter jobs and you did both. I'm sure you got a book in you! Thanks by the way for doing what you did. Hope the Eagles kick a$$ and pray some more for panther's wife Judy.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #80
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks.
I got home from work, my daughter was there and said we need to take mom somewhere, now. We took her to the ER and they found a spot on her lung that may be pneumonia, and a spot on her brain that indicates a recent, light stroke. She's in the hospital now, being taken care of. Thanks again for your prayers.
We got a dusting of snow overnight, just on the grass and the cars. That's all the snow I like to see anymore.
Have a good day