Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Firearm Accessories

Old 06-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default Concealed Carry Belt

Do you ever get frustrated with the belt(s) you use for concealed carry. Some are too narrow and some are too flimsy. My biggest aggravation is that one notch on my belt is too loose and the next one is too tight. They give you one inch adjustments. I ordered a belt on 6/19 and received it today. I didn't ask or pay for any special rapid shipping. These belts are really different. Instead of having holes in the belt, there is a track on the inside of the belt. The notches in the track are 1/4" apart. When you pull the belt thru the buckle, it clicks at each 1/4" notch. A small lever on the buckle releases the tension on the belt. The belts are all one size fits all - 24" to 44". You can buy an XL that extends to 54". The company sells dress belts and gun belts in leather and web material tactical models. They offer 5 different buckle styles. The one I bought is a black tactical model with the X1 buckle. The belt feels heavy duty, but is not extra thick like one of my leather gun belts. The back side of the belt is marked in inches. The instructions say to cut the belt 4" longer than the waist size of your pants. That didn't work out for me. I had to cut 2 more inches off. You place the cut end in the buckle, push down a bracket that has teeth which dig into the belt. Then you tighten down 2 little set screws to help hold it in place. With that, you're ready to go.

I'm going to sound like a salesman for this company, but I think it is the best carry belt ever. It's comfortable, seems sturdy and is infinitely adjustable. Time will tell, but I think it is going to be great.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts
Old 07-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sometimes I get a little grumpy when companies I buy from ask me for reviews, no matter how trivial the product. I usually do the reviews anyway. The Kore review was a no-brainer - I'm really sold on this belt. See excerpt from the Kore Essentials email I received today:

Hi Tom -

We were so impressed with the review you sent us, that we'd like to offer you a FREE Kore Gun Belt.

YES, we are serious...we just need a small favor in return.

If you would be willing to Copy & Paste your review to ALL of the sites below as a "Comment" - (see links below) we'd be happy to ship you a FREE Buckle & Belt Set of your choice. It usually takes just 15 minutes or less to do.

We've included your review below to copy & paste in the comments box, then click "submit it". Please recheck to make sure it posted, sometimes they need to be submitted twice to show up.

After you've posted and rechecked your reviews, reply with your buckle & belt color choice, current shipping address and email for tracking and we'll get your free belt shipped out within 2-3 business days.

We're a small San Diego based company comprised of a few guys, so this type of thing really helps get the word out.

Of course, if you're not interested or too busy, we completely understand and don't mean to bother you.

Either way - THANK YOU for your awesome review and enjoy your new Kore belt!!

Cheers,

Shawn

There were only 2 youtube sites listed for me to copy and paste. They were reviews of Kore's products. One of them was a guy from Kansas that does youtube product reviews. Just got a reply from them, and they are shipping my new belt and buckle next week. This time I'm getting a brown leather gun belt with a different buckle. This has never happened to me and was a very pleasant surprise.

Last edited by rman; 07-19-2019 at 06:58 PM.
rman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good deal rman! Sounds like you found a good company to deal with. We had belts made by a leather craftsman at a flea market for $20. each and they are still as good as new. I found some elastic waist shorts at walmart.com and down here we only wear shorts. Well, I make our holsters and the best ever for me design works with these shorts with no belt. Those belts look good and time will tell. You've been carrying a long time, you get it. It's not supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #4
dowop

Nice...Think I will order the X4.
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post
Nice...Think I will order the X4.
Let me know how you like it. They take a little time to get used to because they are stiff and the buckle is heavy. Putting them on is the only time they seem cumbersome. Once it's on, it's pretty much out of sight, out of mind. I sure like mine and I'm looking forward to seeing how the leather compares to the web belt. I was going to order one, but they beat me to it.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

I received my free belt from Kore Essentials yesterday. This one is brown leather with the X3 buckle. I cut it to length, installed the buckle and decided to take it for a spin. It's a nice looking belt. The leather seems to be good quality and the stitching looks good. This one is a little more flexible than the tactical web belt. It's a little easier to put on and take off. It is still a good stiff belt. It's hard to choose between the two types. I think the leather is a little more comfortable, but would probably choose the web belt to carry heavier firearms, like a 1911 or a full size polymer wonder. The cost and the quality of these belts is good. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong for EDC. I would certainly recommend them to anyone.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #7
dowop

Have not received the belt yet(
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:35 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

I'm surprised dowop. They shipped mine in 4 or 5 days.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
J_B
Extraordinary Member

I got so frustrated that I actually had one made from a Brown Leather Tie Strap Latigo Girth Cinch for Western Saddle 60 x 1 3/4" but these can be purchased in 60 x 1 1/2" which will have a better fit for pancake and other holsters with belt slots that are cut.

You can take it to a boot repair shop to have cut, or if you have the hole punch and tool to cut the end, actually do it yourself.

This is the best belt I've ever owned.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

I did about the same thing JB. I had one of my local Amish leather smiths make me a 1 1/2" wide belt out of harness leather. Handles any kind of iwb/owb holster I use. I wear it every day and I'm not sure I'll ever wear it out.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote