Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #61
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Good news, my buddy is OK....

Howdy gang! Big coffee please and thank you Molly. That's quite a pile up. Way back when I lived in snow country, about 36 years ago, I avoided driving in it as much as possible. I think the 4X4 drivers cause many because they think they can go good they can stop good, big WRONG! Hope there weren't many injured. My good old buddy came thru his operation OK, hope they got his problem fixed. We used to bass fish, BS, swat mosquito's and drink beer every night on the lake we lived on. Many good memories. He hugged and comforted me out in the boat while I cried back in 1980 when my Dad died. That's a real friend. Thank the Lord he is OK. I got Franne working on a list of stuff she wants done. I told her I'll break open the piggy bank and hire somebody. Found a husband/wife team willing to do about anything. Sounds like they're hard working and could use some bucks. Who couldn't now a days! I'll call for an price and sorta feel them out to see if I think they're capable. I can always fire them. Anyway, that's about it for me, I think I'll take it easy today. I might write a book on "How to Retire". Everybody have a great day!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #62
kansas45

I would like a autographed edition please, Vetter.
I'm trying to get myself out of the house and go to the farm, but my sensible inner self (the one i haven't really met yet) is telling me that it's too darn cold to be doing any fence fixing right now.
I think I'll go anyway. Sensible isn't in my vocabulary.

Will Rogers
Old 01-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #63
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
I would like a autographed edition please, Vetter.
I'm trying to get myself out of the house and go to the farm, but my sensible inner self (the one i haven't really met yet) is telling me that it's too darn cold to be doing any fence fixing right now.
I think I'll go anyway. Sensible isn't in my vocabulary.
Kansas, when you retire, you'll need and shall recieve an autographed "Unabridged Edition of How to Retire by Vetter".
Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #64
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Kansas, when you retire, you'll need and shall recieve an autographed "Unabridged Edition of How to Retire by Vetter".
Cool!

Will Rogers
Old 01-11-2015, 07:18 AM   #65
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
You've found time and the dedication to write it?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #66
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I need to plug into the coffee pot. Balmy 19?F on my back porch. Doesn't look like there is much wind chill.

I got a case of ambition yesterday. Changed the oil in the truck and Pam's car. Got to thinking about how much time it would take if I took the cars to an oil change place and it was a nice sunny 38 outside.

Getting packed up to go sit in the rain with a shotgun tomorrow with some of my fishing crew. The original plan was Friday but they decided that the weather forecast was too cold, so we are going tomorrow. Warmer but about 3/4" of rain expected. I hope it's good weather for ducks because I think I've had all the "practice being miserable" I need.

Y'all have a great day. Time to go find my shot gun bullets.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #67
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
You've found time and the dedication to write it?
No, the research is almost done and then I'll have to figure out how to make time to write it. I refuse to multitask. Hope you have a good blind or good rain gear.

Almost aftrenoon gang. How about a root beer float? I haven't had one in years. Watched a good action movie this morning, "Brick Mansions". I believe it was Paul Walker's last before he wrapped his Porsche around a pole and burned up. Getting warm today, near 80 they are saying. Too hot to work outside. Feeling pretty good today so why work at all and ruin it. I sure did enjoy that root beer float! might stop back later for a real beer. Everybody have a great day, (except greener, he'll be soaked and miserable).
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #68
kansas45

Good afternoon.
I some mischief to attend to. see y'all later.

Will Rogers
Old 01-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #69
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Good afternoon.
I some mischief to attend to. see y'all later.
I wish I knew eariier, I would have helped! Hope you had fun!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #70
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Not much happening around here. The DIL dropped off the youngest grandson for the afternoon, so I've been building Lincoln log cabins, racing motorcyles on PlayStation 2 and supervising the operation of an electric crane. All the while, trying to keep up on the NFL playoff games. I think I'll have a chocolate sundae Molly.