Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 07:25 AM   #21
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning gang. I hope you are all doing well today. We had a nice sunny day, after the rain moved out, yesterday. I had to take my wife to her neurologist app't. He didn't spend much time with her, just set her up for some kind of test that they can't do until March 1st. Everything at this office takes 2-3 months to book. I don't know what they'd do in a real emergency, I hope we never need to find out.
I tried to sneak out on Molly yesterday, but the cheesecake crumbs gave me away. I don't get to have any coffee or breakfast until I sweep up the whole kitchen and back room. I guess that's only fair. Cinnamon thinks it's funny and promised me an extra big helping when I get done. I'd better get to work.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #22
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Boy, I'm glad I got here after Panther cleaned the crumbs. If I had got here earlier, I'd been on the broom and mop brigade of one.

Raining and the sun is out.

I found an inexpensive 0.21" dia endoscope on Amazon. Found out why it was cheap. Darn near impossible to get it to work with my cell phone and never could get it to take and save pictures on my PC. I'm sure there was something I missed. I suppose it's ok for the number of times I expect to use it. When it stops raining, I'll see if I can use it to see what my window weep hole looks like.

On McGyver last night, our hero had a revolver and one round. He puts the round in the cylinder and closes the cylinder with the round under the hammer. When he pulls the trigger, what sound should it make? Guess what sound it made when he pulled the trigger. The new McGyver is no where near as good as the old one.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #23
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning girls. Boy, the kitchen and back room sure look spic and span, you two have been busy this morning. They said it was dirty from yesterday and they took care of it today. That's all they said but they both giggled a little. I don't know how they caught you panther I'll have a coffee Miss Molly please. Wifey's making breakfast and probably picking out a chick flick for me to nap to. I didn't watch McGyver last night but it's recorded. I don't think I ever seen McGyver use a gun. They need somebody on the set to show him how to use one or stick to paperclips. I liked Richard Dean Anderson better too. Lucas Till is too much like a girly man to be believable. I like his partner Jack better. Well, Wifey is making turkey club sammies and I smell the bacon so I'm gonna pick out a movie. Everybody have a great day!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #24
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good evening y'all. It was a beautiful day here and I spent it at the airport helping coordinate cadet orientation flights for the cadets in my CAP squadron. It was a lot of fun, but this old man is tired.

See ya all tomorrow.

Life is good.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #25
Vetter
Banned

Smile

God to hear you had a great day Teddy! Today was good here too for us! Woke up again in the Lazy Old Man recliner and gotta do the night meds and hit the real hay! Hope all my ERCS bud's sleep well and have a great day tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2019, 04:21 AM   #26
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. It's in the low 40's already today. Not too bad for January.
I got the coffee started, I'm sure the girls will be here soon.
I got some lottery scratch off tickets from a guy at work, he gave some to everyone. I won $5 on one. I took it to Casey's this morning to cash in, at 3a.m., and was told that they can't process tickets between 2:30a.m. and 5a.m. I guess I'll have to go back and pick up my big winnings after work. I never buy tickets myself,I figure they take enough of my money already, why donate more.
Greener, I'm surprised they even had a pistol on McGyver, on the old one he never would use a gun. I drive my wife crazy catching silly gun mistakes on tv shows. She was watching Hawaii 5-0 reruns and I caught 3 times guys with Glocks cocked the hammers, and 2 times people kept pumping a shotgun each time they pointed it at someone, but no shells came out. She tells me to remember that it's just tv.
Well, have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #27
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good Morning gang! Good morning ladies, Molly, I need a cup of panther's brew please! Panther, I do the same thing with Wifey but she's a pistol packer and sees the boo, boo's too. I always have to laugh when they always have to rack the slide after drawing. Is it a rule that TV pistols can't carry one in the chamber? Another TV one is is there is almost never an airbag deployed after a horrible crash. A little on the cool side for here, currently 57 with a high expected of 72. Got big plans for today, breakfast, TV, nap, back to the computer, snack, back to TV, adult beverage, dinner. Sounds just like what I did yesterday! See y'all later!

Last edited by Vetter; 01-06-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #28
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Nice sunny day and the coffee is doing good.

We've left out the sparky bullets from the movies. I've been trying to find copper/brass/lead that creates sparks against steel, plastic, wood, etc. Non-sparking tools are usually brass or copper clad. I've never been able to start a fire with my flint and lead or copper kits.

Football was interesting yesterday. A few of the basketball games I watched were interesting. Between naps. I suppose I'll watch football today. Between naps.

I bought 3-4 small LED flashlights several years ago because they were cheap. Every time I change the batteries I have a fit getting the new batteries to work. And, yes, they were put in correctly. Here I am old and befuddled by technology, such as changing batteries in a flashlight.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #29
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Greener another TV blooper that cracks me up is tires squealing on dirt roads. Duh!
I might even watch football today. The Eagles and Bears in round 1 of the playoffs. Nick Foles is looking like last wears storybook hot streak is back. Foles won 4 out of 5 and the last 3 straight to get a bad team into the playoffs. Two of those wins were in the final minute. He may be the best clutch QB in football and they are already talking trade for him. He took them into last years Super Bowl and won. It was the Eagles only Super Bowl win ever. This year the best bench warmer in football with only a handfull of games set an all time Eagles passing yards record. He stepped in to repeat last years performance after the injury prone starting quarterback Carson Wentz injured his back. Good luck Nick!

Last edited by Vetter; 01-06-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #30
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. We made it back from the strip mine country of SE Kansas yesterday. I guess we were probably within 25 miles of your place panther. It was great getting away for a few days. The holidays aren't much fun anymore and it was a nice break. We played the slots again this time. The last 2 trips were kind to us. This time - not so much. The good news is that we didn't spend the rent or food money. If we went with the expectation of winning money, I would have been disappointed. Fortunately I'm a realist and go for recreational purposes only.

It was a super nice day here yesterday and not bad today. It's not sunny, but it is in the high 50's - not bad for January in Kansas.