Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 AM   #1021
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I made a couple of pots of coffee. I'm going to have a cup and a double order of biscuits and gravy. Better add some bacon on the side Molly. I have to go to the range to meet some guys at noon. We are putting up new stands for the ram silhouettes on the rimfire range. We did the pistol caliber rams last summer. We need to dig 20 post holes, fill them with concrete and plant metal stands in each one. That should keep up busy all afternoon.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 AM   #1022
kansas45

Mornin'.
The girls are busy getting a big breakfast buffet ready for Vetter and the rest of the gang.
The sun is coming up over Wichita, and I'm wishing that I was watching it from the farm. Those ol' coyotes were howling last night. I was working on the go kart, getting it ready for Saturday's race. Cleaned the clutch and chain, washed the frame and body and tonight the wheels and hubs come apart to clean & check the front wheel and rear axle bearings. There is a one weekend lay off after this weekend. I will fix a couple of cracks and holes in the nose, and paint and re-graphic the body during that time.
Y'all have a good morning.

Will Rogers
Old 04-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #1023
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Good mornin gang. Coffee's good rman, thanks. I need a plate for that breakfast buffet, it looks great and I'm hungry! It's a rain day today. Only thing for me to do is go get some pool chlorine. Maybe I'll do a total tear down clean on Franne's Glock and see what's up with it. Probably should do mine too. We haven't been to the range in a long time. I have had my G26 19 months and haven's fired it yet. Franne's had the Bodyguard 380 10 months and hasn't fired it. The cyst on my wrist will make it painful so I won't send too many down range. OK, my day is planned, my belly is full and remember, everybody have a good day!

Last edited by Vetter; 04-28-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #1024
kansas45

Coffee and a cinnamon roll please.

Will Rogers
Old 04-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #1025
kansas45

The kart is clean and sanitized, and I'm ready for a cold Budweiser.

Will Rogers
Old 05-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #1026
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening! Glad to see the forum is back up and running. I was beginning to have withdrawals. Good luck at Wellington Kansas. A guy from the local club asked us to go to the silhouette shoot at Glasco, KS Sunday. I think we might just go. I mowed the yard yesterday. It took me 3-1/2 hours and 3 Bud Lights, but it looks pretty good. Speaking of Bud Lights, may I have one please?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #1027
kansas45

Thank you, Calvin & Jake for getting us back on line!
Lawn mowing and drinking beer goes hand in hand.

Will Rogers
Old 05-02-2015, 05:54 AM   #1028
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on.

Vetter, sounds like you have a good opportunity to practice with your other hand if the cyst bothers you. I know I don't practice left hand enough.

The semiannual Team DGAF fishing trip was fun. As usual, too much food, almost enough adult beverages and lot's of quality time watching the ocean. My first cast on Saturday was an 18" blue, which, unfortunately, was big enough to take the big fish pot. My 42" sand shark came in second to a 45" one in the shark pot. The fishing could have been better, but if we were going for fish, it would have been cheaper and easier to go to a fish market.

Planning to head north for grandkids' birthdays next week. We had initially planned to head that way yesterday. I'm glad we didn't. The fishing trip left me a bit whooped.

The fishing trips have a prep day getting ice, food, bait and packing before catching the ferry the next day. The owner of the motel happened to be from my home town. He mentioned that my high school class was having it's 50th reunion soon. The last one I attended was in 1975 and we lost touch. I haven't really lived in my home town since I went to college 50 years ago. This ought to be interesting. Nothing really formal, but there is a rumor that there will be a ritual sacrifice of a pig.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #1029
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Glad Jake was able to get the Server up and going, without having to get another one. It was a IP address and networking problem. I'm sure glad that we have a Network Administrator on Board, to fix that kind of problems. Hope everyone has a Great Day.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:11 AM   #1030
rman
Extraordinary Member

Give Jake a hearty thanks Calvin and I'll buy him a beer. I'm glad we're able to swap tales again. Thanks for the coffee greener. It sounds like the fishing trip was fun. Not much going on around here today. Dave called me last night and we're on for the silhouette shoot Sunday at the Tappan Hill Gun Club. It's a long drive, but the range is pretty nice and the folks there are great. Kansas I hope all goes well for you and your grandson today.