Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #31
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon folks. I had a short day today. Our computers at work crashed last night. The I.T. guys spent the night working on them and still couldn't get them going. They said over 60 servers were down. They sent us home at 9am and shut the school down. For office people, that was just a 1 hour day. For us, it was a 5 hour day. With the computers down, no phones, no cash registers in the bookstore or cafeteria, it's like being in the dark ages!
We have a bird feeder and put out sunflower seeds. We've had alot of cardinals, song birds, and 2 red headed woodpeckers. A few doves too. They sure eat alot when it's cold like this.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #32
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Coffee with some of Teddybear's Irish Creme please. That sounds like the right medicine for a chilly evening. Panther the birds are eating like crazy around here too. We have a few cardinals, flickers, red headed and downy woodpeckers, tufted titmice, chickadees, juncos and a flock of goldfiniches. We also have some bluebirds, but they don't eat from the feeders. They spend a lot of time on the birdbath. We put a heater in it, so there is always water available to drink.

Panther I feel for your I.T. guys - been there, done that. There is a lot of pressure on when no one can work until you get the servers back up and running. I only had that happen once over the years and that was enough. Most of the servers used a storage area network (SAN) instead of having internal hard drives. The SAN went down big time and it took us 4 24-hour days the get everything restored and running again. There were 5 of us that worked, ate, and took turns napping on site until it was done.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #33
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Well, I managed to walk about a half mile from exam room to exam room, with the walker of course and I'm pretty beat now. I told them after they gave me my Glasses Rx that they didn't put the Pulpillary Distance on it. I do know how to do it, it's a snap but they want you to take a mortgage on your house and buy your glasses from them. Well they said they don't do that and I said I won't pay for the exam so they sent me to their Optician. I told her I wasn't going to pay for it and she went on to tell me Medicare will pay for glasses after catarac surgery and she will do the PD for me so I get a free pair from medicare and only have to buy a pair of sun glasses from my Chinese optician. Man are they crooks! I'm just happy to be bragging about my distance walking! Looking like I will be someday driving "Bad Booger" again. Good night and God bless you all!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #34
dowop

Good Morning.
Girls are here & making something that smells good.
Headed over to the lake.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #35
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Just coffee please.

Vetter, keep up the good work.

Life is good.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:23 AM   #36
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Well, I managed to walk about a half mile from exam room to exam room, with the walker of course and I'm pretty beat now. I told them after they gave me my Glasses Rx that they didn't put the Pulpillary Distance on it. I do know how to do it, it's a snap but they want you to take a mortgage on your house and buy your glasses from them. Well they said they don't do that and I said I won't pay for the exam so they sent me to their Optician. I told her I wasn't going to pay for it and she went on to tell me Medicare will pay for glasses after catarac surgery and she will do the PD for me so I get a free pair from medicare and only have to buy a pair of sun glasses from my Chinese optician. Man are they crooks! I'm just happy to be bragging about my distance walking! Looking like I will be someday driving "Bad Booger" again. Good night and God bless you all!
zenni optical pretty cheap. Didn't you turn me on to those guys for glasses?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #37
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Got the coffee and breakfast going. Also, watching folks move around in the 16 degrees outside. A balmy 66 inside. supposed to be below freezing all day. Guess I'll have to find something inside that really needs doing. Like backing up computers.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #38
Chortdraw
Extraordinary Member

Well I don't know to say? It is beautiful here for this time of year. Not sure just how long we will be spared but enjoying it while we can. going to be 62 today and sun is still shinning. My buddy called and told me he just got a javalina with the bow I built for him a few years ago. I believe that is # 14 with that bow!
He mixes it with pork and makes a breakfast sausage that everyone likes.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #39
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Chort, I'm glad to hear your weather is much better than us guys not in Prescott AZ! Glad your bow is working for your buddy! Hope he gives you some of that sausage!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #40
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Just sayin' goodnight my friends. Had a good day, after OT we went to Lowe's and got stuff for the handyman whoever he may be to start on repairs. Going to my Brother in Laws Celebration of life tomorrow. He was the definition of only the good die young. Such a great guy and gone at 56. Well, goodnight and may God bless you all! See you tomorrow.
Closed Thread