Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:28 AM   #2171
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Good morning girls and greener, guess most of the rest of the gang are sidelined with injuries. Hope they get on the mend quick. Teddybear did great with his shots, now we need them to take care of rman and J_B. Molly, short stack, sugar free syrup and sausage links with a mug of that great smelling coffee please. Greener, $4,000. for a 9mm pistol is insane. I googled the Nighthawks and they are too pretty to touch. If I were you I would keep the truck, these semi autonomous ones are great but in a year or 2 they will get any bugs out and have improved features. Too bad you couldn't find the bait that worked last year. Local tackle shops usually have what's hot in there area. Good luck and have a safe trip! Thanks Molly and I'll see y'all later!
Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #2172
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. Think I might have the 2nd John Deere sold. A guy from Topeka texted and said he would come by tomorrow to buy it.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #2173
Vetter
Banned

Good for you rman, hope Sharon isn't too sad to see it go bye bye! Nothing new here, hope everybody's hurts are a little better. Wifey's eye has been great, next Tuesday she'll get the other done and be happy. Her Mom gets her minor wrist surgery 11/9 and is scared to death. She is 90, in perfect health and never been operated on and only been in the hospital to have her 3 children. Well, hope to see y'all tomorrow. Hope everybody is healing.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #2174
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Its been a pretty nice day here. Rained during the night some time. Its been cloudy all day with the temps around 50 and not much wind. Went to coffee with a retired trooper buddy, then went for a short ride. The carpenter guy was here this evening and finished the trim on the front porch. Its finally done. CCW renewal class in the morning, then dinner tomorrow evening with a CAP Lt Col from the St Louis area. I'm going to have to pace myself to keep from getting tuckered out.

rman, sounds like you're culling the herd somewhat.

greener, how many of those $4,000 9MM's did you get?

See y'all tomorrow.

Life is good.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:31 AM   #2175
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. It's 42 degrees here, a little windy, and more rain on the way.
We didn't have any trick-or-treaters this year and I think we ate the last of the candy I bought last night. I always get some, just in case. And, of course, I always buy stuff that we like, since we are usually stuck with it.
Greener, a local shop has a locked display case with those NightHawk pistols. I could buy a pretty nice used truck around here for the price of one of those 45's. I never see them opening the case for anybody when I'm there, but I'm sure they must sell them to somebody.
I hope all of you are on the mend or staying healthy. I was taking some vitamin B complex stuff and it wasn't working for me. I felt worse some days. I stopped and just got the Omega-3 stuff that is supposed to be good for your heart. I feel better on it. I'm on the aspirin a day plan, watch what I eat, I do need to get more exercise though. According to the Dr's, going to work everyday doesn't count.
Be good. Have a good weekend.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #2176
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Nice, sunny and a great morning for coffee.

Started packing for the fishing trip. One day, lots of stuff to pack. According to the weatherman we will get treated with 100% chance of rain. According to the tide chart we get treated to low tide half way through the day of fishing. Looks like I'll have to remember to pack a change of dry clothes. I just realized that I haven't packed cash to pay for all this fun. Suppose I'll have to go shopping for some cash.

Haven't decided which pistol I need. I'm sure I'd shoot just so much better with one of them high dollar pistols. And it sure would be nice to have a Nighthawk as a truck gun.

The Richmond police are complaining about the recent rash of stolen pistols. Almost all stolen from unlocked vehicles.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #2177
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. The sun is shining through, but the weather experts say there is an 80% chance of light rain this afternoon. The DIL texted and wants to bring up our youngest grandson this afternoon. Guess he will be staying overnight. She must have big plans for tonight. It will be nice to see him. He hasn't been up for over a month.

Greener you should buy a couple of those 9mm's. You could use the Baer for a BBQ gun and the Nighthawk for a knock-around truck gun. (No respectable Nighthawk would be caught dead in an older truck. Guess you're going to have to buy one of those $50K trucks to carry it in.)

Panther I take three 1,000 mg omega 3 capsules a day plus some other heart-related medications.

Teddy you need to pace yourself. I am trying to thin the herd. If the 2nd John Deere sells today, I'll only have 2 left. The new zero turn and a big old Craftsman garden tractor. Think I'll buy some parts and see if I can get it running again. I never liked it as a mower, but it's big and powerful - 27 hp. I'll scrap the mower deck and use it to pull my sprayer, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, etc.

Vetter I don't blame your MIL for being nervous about the surgery. Anesthesia is dangerous for older folks.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #2178
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good Mornin' gang! Coffee please, Wifey is whipping up some chicken salad sammies. Rman, MIL isn't getting any anesthesia, Just numbing it and something to relax her, very simple surgery. Hope the John Deere goes away today for you. Those Nighthawk's look like drug dealer movie guns. If I had one I wouldn't dare fire it, could scratch the inside of the barrel! Greener, only once did I leave my pistol locked in the car and that was when I was going to the VA that was in the Courthouse building. I stopped at the security desk and asked if I could "check it" and was told lock it in your car. Sounds like a bad fishing trip coming, hope you can catch some good fish so you don't notice the rain so much. be safe and good luck. Gosh Teddybear, you're too busy. Take it easy old timer! Panther, depending what you do, I think work can be exercise. Well, food's out and the lazy man recliner awaits me for TV time. See y'all later and everybody have a great day!
Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #2179
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. 2 Bud Lights please - the John Deere deal went South. Guy said he found another mower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Rman, MIL isn't getting any anesthesia, Just numbing it and something to relax her, very simple surgery.
That's a good deal Vetter!

See y'all later. Keep smilin'. Rman out.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #2180
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Finished watching the race and the beer can burger was outta this world! Rman, you may have to store the mower until spring and your phone will be ringing off the hook. Snow blowers are the hot ticket now. Anyway gang, pills and shot and it's hit the hay time for Vetter. Safe trip greener and goodnight all.

Last edited by Vetter; 11-04-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Closed Thread