Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Reloading

Reloading Place to discuss Reloading.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Yeah. That. And I haven't convinced myself that I need a little gun like that.......................YET!
NEED? I didn't know need came into getting one. Unless it is "I don't have (but?) one (or two,or ...) like that"

I've gone almost a whole month without buying a gun. Made of Stern stuff I am.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #22
rman
Extraordinary Member

Yeah - got to agree with greener. If I only bought guns I needed, I would only have 3. I think I've got at least twice that, so I guess I bought some I didn't need.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #23
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Yeah - got to agree with greener. If I only bought guns I needed, I would only have 3. I think I've got at least twice that, so I guess I bought some I didn't need.

I'll have to disagree with you guys. I NEED every gun that I own...............BOTH of em'!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
I'll have to disagree with you guys. I NEED every gun that I own...............BOTH of em'!
Yeah...right Kansas. I hear your safe is bigger than US Bank's!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #25
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Poor baby. Only 2? Guys we need to take up a collection. Gun show this weekend and I have a few spare Virginia gun show loopholes. I can send one to Kansas.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #26
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Poor baby. Only 2? Guys we need to take up a collection. Gun show this weekend and I have a few spare Virginia gun show loopholes. I can send one to Kansas.

That's the spirit greener! Help a poor brother out.

I kinda' hate to bring this up, but I'll need some ammo to go along with them new to me firearms. How bout' it rman? You still got one of them there reloadin' machines?

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #27
Tracer

Default .380-Auto?

Two summers ago, the wife and I went through several of those .380-auto caliber handguns, while she was learning how to shoot a pistol and carry one on the streets etc.

Trust me we had the low end and the high end of pistols trying this caliber at the gun range. The Kel-Tech's, P-11 & P-9 models, not to mention the Sig Sauer brand of pistols too. Those Kel-Techs were JAM A Matic's!!! By the way I purchased 4 of those critters and sent them all down the road some 200 rounds later.

Testing into soaking wet newspaper proved that the little .380-auto needed steroids in order to compete with the 9mm Luger. The penetration with "self-defense" ammo (several brands by the way) showed the 9mm Luger penetrating almost twice as deep as the little .380-auto.

This caliber is strickly an up close in your face type of a caliber! The "get the guy off my back" type of a situation. Also the energy factor between the 9mm Luger and the .380-auto was 190-lbs and the 9mm Luger was 483-lbs. Just food for thought gentlemen. Me personally, I will stay with my Glock 10mm and Glock 45 acp and that is my story.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #28
rman
Extraordinary Member

I can't argue with your logic Tracer. It's still nice to have one at times though. Sometimes my little P238 comes in handy when what I'm wearing and where I'm going doesn't leave much choice. It's certainly not my choice for everyday carry.