Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
greener
Extraordinary Member

Default Business must be good

This morning my favorite eldest child went to the Lansing, MI, Subaru dealer with checkbook in hand with the intent to replace her 2003 Subaru with a 2019 Forrester. As of 4:30 they haven't sold her a car: gotten two other dealers within 60 miles to answer the phone or talk her into the higher trim level on the lot. She also likes the Honda CRV.

I guess the customer coming in with the intent of writing a check for a new car doesn't have all that much attraction for this dealer. Vetter, is that the problem you had?

A lot of 2003 Subaru's had head gasket problems after abt 10 years and she has been waiting for hers to get bad enough to fix or replace for 6-7 years. Gas mileage drops way off when you are running the car on oil and antifreeze and she gave me the "it's not worth fixing" line. She wants a new car.

Didn't know my kid was rich enough to write a check for a new car. Maybe I'll hit her up for a loan.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

She must be doing all right for herself greener. The last car I paid cash for was a 57 Pontiac. That was in 1965 and I paid $175.00 for it. Turned out to be a good car too.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
Vetter
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
I guess the customer coming in with the intent of writing a check for a new car doesn't have all that much attraction for this dealer. Vetter, is that the problem you had?
No, my dealer/closer waited after 4 hours to offer a dealer $1000. off if I financed with them and said I could pay it off in 3 months with no penalty. I had a 1969 Subaru 360. Our 1960 Mercedes was about to need a $600 valve job, a lot of money in 1969 so I traded it with $250 for a new Subaru 360. It actually was a fun car. I won a Gymkhana race with a time beating a 1962 Corvette for the win. It wasn't too fast but pedal to the metal with no lifting did it. Wish I still had the trophy but it went who knows where. It had a Fugi Heavy Industries engine, in other words, a Yamaha 360 2-stroke. I hope your daughter comes out with what she wants at a good price. I had zero problems with the little 360 and kept it about 3 years, for $250 and a beautiful but failing Mercedes it was a good deal. Rman, I paid cash for both my Corvettes, Wifey's Element and the Rogue-A-Rou, I hate paying more interest than I get on my savings.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote