Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #11
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I'd take a cup of that dowop coffee please and save one of those 16 oz Bud Lights for later. Well... the furnace managed to make it through the night OK, and I actually slept pretty well. I think I may be getting over the crud.

It's practically tropical around here today. Got up at 4:00 so I could shave and shower and drive the boss to work. It was a balmy -4 when I left the house at 5:15. It's supposed to get clear up to 24 later today. Sounds like a shorts and sleeveless t-shirt day to me.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #12
Vetter
Banned

Red face

Howdy gang. Had PT today and spent most of the day on line looking at stuff I need for my handyman when I find one and flooring. I'm just as confused on the flooring as when I started shopping. I'm done for today. Glad you are feeling better rman other than that the big story is the cold. I hope it gets better soon. OK, I'm going to unwind and watch some boob tube. Hope everybody is surviving the horrible weather. Hope we're having some cold weather food for dinner!

Last edited by Vetter; 01-03-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #13
rman
Extraordinary Member

Bud Light please! It's been quite a day. I drove the wife to work this morning in her Impala. Dropped her off at the door at 6:00 a.m. and I got a "Stabilitrak needs serviced" and an "ABS" warning light on the dash. I drove to the Chevy garage, but the sign said the garage opened at 7:00. I stopped and had a lousy breakfast and drove by the garage again about 6:40. The lights were on and they opened a bay door for me. The service writer said they would get the car right in, however the mechanics didn't start work until 8:00. At 9:00 the service writer advised me that they had run diagnostics and that it needed a new wiring harness that operates the ABS and Stabilitrak and a new bearing in the left front hub. My wife bought an extra 3 years of warranty when she bought the car. The service guy called them and was advised that they would cover the work with no expense to me. He said, "Give me an hour and a half and we'll get it fixed up and get you on your way." At 11:30 (2.5 hours later), I asked him for a status report. He said he thought the mechanic was test driving the car and it would be done in a few minutes. He said he would go back and check on it. At 12:30 he still hadn't returned. A lady that works at the customer service desk walked up and told me she thought my car was done and had been for some time. I asked her where the service writer went, and she said he probably went to lunch. I was some kind of P.O.'d! The problem was, that my little dog had been in his crate since 9:30 last night. I got home at 1:15 and miraculously he hadn't made any messes in his crate. Needless to say, he got special treatment the rest of the day.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #14
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! hope all was good for everybody but rman. Man that sucked you were given the run around by the dealer but at least it was under warranty. Cocoa deserves the special treatment he got for being such a good boy. He held it for 15 hours at his age, he's more a man than I am! Well, pill time and Vetter will be ready to hit the hay. Everybody have a good night and sleep well y'all.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #15
dowop

Good Morning.
Girls are here & coffee is brewing.
Good to hear at least the vehicle was fixed rman.
Kudus to your dog!
Kinda cold here so I guess I will just walk around Walmart for a while.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #16
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy gang. It's starting to warm up some around here. Still too cold for me to get out and do anything so I'll continue my reloading frenzy.

rman, sounds like your little 4 legged buddy was a real trooper for not making a mess. You just gotta love some of those repair places. Just glad it didn't leave you stranded in the middle of no where.

Later

Life id good.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:00 AM   #17
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang! Coffee please Molly. and Hope your Walmart visit was fun dowop. As much overnight time as you spend there you might should apply for night security? Cold here, 50 for a high and 30 for a low, yikes! OK, see y'all later got PT at 10:45 and breakfast is up!.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #18
dowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Hope your Walmart visit was fun dowop. As much overnight time as you spend there you might should apply for night security? !.
Nah,I don,t have the right disposition for it.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #19
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good evening folks. It's been a more pleasant day today. It got up to 30. That's double what we had a few days ago.
I'm fixing sloppy joe's with venison burger and home grown peppers chopped up in it. I guess if you use venison it's really a sloppy doe
Have a great night everyone
Old 01-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #20
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I'm fixing sloppy joe's with venison burger and home grown peppers chopped up in it. I guess if you use venison it's really a sloppy doe
Good one panther!

I took Cocoa to the doggy spa in Lawrence early this morning for his bath, haircut and nail trim. He looks better and smells better too. The gas cap on Sharon's Impala was cracked and the nylon tether than holds it to the car was broken. Gas caps are kind of important on newer cars because the fuel system is pressurized. A loss of pressure can cause error lights on the dash and stalling. I stopped at the Chevy garage to see if they had one. The dealer in Topeka didn't have any in stock yesterday. Lawrence had one and they are really proud of them. I could have bought one at the auto parts store for half the price, but they don't have the tether. With my luck, I'd probably leave it on the trunk lid and drive off. Also when I changed the battery in the Equinox, 2 of the 3 nylon pop up rivets broke when I removed a plastic panel to get at the battery. It took the Chevy parts guy 10 minutes to figure out what I wanted and when he did he advised that they were not in stock. Said he could order them at $40 for a package of 10. I went to O'Reillys and the guy knew exactly what I wanted, grabbed a box of 4 for $2.39. (They worked great, by the way.)

Today was still cold, but at least it got out of the teens. The weather guessers are predicting low 40's for the weekend. I hope they're right.