Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default Why are you Proud of where you live?

Thought I would start a thread to tell why you are proud of where you live. Tell of the things about your Local Area, Town, County and State that make you glad you live there.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Our County Commissioners just unanimously passed a resolution to let the Courthouse put up the 10 Commandments on the Courthouse Lawn. It won't be done with Tax Payer Money. The only one to object was the High School History Teacher. (Wonder what he is teaching the kids)
Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

I live in a rural area near a Corps of Engineers lake. My back yard borders on C of E property. It's kind of like having several hundred acres of woods for a back yard. It's not uncommon to see deer, fox, wild turkeys, raccoons, squirrels and rabbits in the yard. I even see an occasional bobcat, usually when there is snow on the ground. My neighbors, are friendly but not a nuisance. Average age of folks in this little development is probably about 50. We only have 4 school kids on the road and they all live in the same house. Northeast Kansas is not bad as Kansas goes. It's hilly instead of flat like the Western region and there are lots of trees, mostly hardwoods. When I drive the back roads to town, most of the people I meet wave, even though they have no idea who I am. Overall, it's a peaceful, friendly place to live.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Just an update from Oklahoma .

The state passed today 37 to 9, an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values....! Guess what..........We did it anyway.

We recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from, unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. they all scattered. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake. Guess what...........we did it anyway.

Yesterday we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. Guess what..............We did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. That for your information makes Oklahoma and Texas the only two to do so. Guess what...........More states to follow. Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, both Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, just to name a few. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise once again.

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. "Hooray for us Okie's"!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

I just may have to move to Oklahoma.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
I just may have to move to Oklahoma.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Vetter
Banned

One of the reasons I'm proud to be a Floridian is our legislators made Florida a "right to carry" state and allows us to stand our ground when in fear of our safety. That's the way the forefathers wanted it!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
One of the reasons I'm proud to be a Floridian is our legislators made Florida a "right to carry" state and allows us to stand our ground when in fear of our safety. That's the way the forefathers wanted it!
Florida has to be the most or one of the most sensible states in the country when it comes to gun laws. Mine isn't too bad any more. Now if they would just come down on the price of CCW permits.....
Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex
Smile Proud to live in the USA

I had to use my hanky after listening to this. Maybe you better have one handy.
Get a load of these high school kids singing (you hear them but don't see them). At the conclusion listen to the high notes on the trumpet, played by a high school kid! One of the fathers recorded it, added some graphic enhancements to the recording, and posted it on the web. The song, of course, is the Battle Hymn Of The Republic. Be prepared - it could send a few shivers up your spine.
Click below:
http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/...Hymn/index.htm
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default One reason I'm not proud of the Town I live in.

To keep from starting another thread, I'm going to tell one reason that I'm not proud of the Town that I live in. Every year up until this year the Town puts up American Flags on Street light poles on the highway. They did it last Christmas and Memorial Day. They didn't do it for the 4th of July. Independence Day is one of the most important days to fly our Flag. What is more important than our Freedom? What really gets me is 3 miles up the highway there is a big Laotian Market that was flying a Big American Flag. I think we, as Americans, could learn something about what Freedom means from some of the people that come here from other countries. We take way too much for granted and become too complacent.