Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Fishing

Fishing Place to tell about the big one that got away.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default Where do you fish most ?

I do most of my fishing in a Pond on the Ranch. I stocked it years ago and it is full of fish. I can drive up to the edge of the water, and theres plenty of shade around it. Its the lazy man's way to fish.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
kansas45

I visit a Ranch about 25 miles East of here to do most of my fishing. There are several ponds & a couple of large watersheds full of Bass, crappie & bluegill.
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
greener
Extraordinary Member

Most of my fishing is on the Chickahominy River/reservoir near Richmond. Good bass, pickerel, bream, crappy and catfish. Do some on the James near Richmond. The James has it all, including blue cats up to 75 lbs. Of course, when I took my daughter for a day of 2-10 lb cats on the James, there weren't none in the river that day.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Sharon and I got a bucket of Minnows and went to the Ranch and fished all afternoon yesterday. Had my aluminum boat pulled out of the water and turned bottom side up. When I turned it over to put it back in the Pond, there were two big water moccasins under it. I shot one with my CCW but the other got into the pond. Later on, it got around too close and I got it. We had a ball catching big perch and small Florida Stripers. Threw them all back because I wasn't in the mood to cook them, but I'll get them later. I love to catch fish on ultra-lite tackle.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
greener
Extraordinary Member

I always carry a couple of ultralights with me. Their loads of fun when you find a pod of bream, perch or crappies. Every now and then you get a big surprise on the end of the line.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
Sharon and I got a bucket of Minnows and went to the Ranch and fished all afternoon yesterday. Had my aluminum boat pulled out of the water and turned bottom side up. When I turned it over to put it back in the Pond, there were two big water moccasins under it. I shot one with my CCW but the other got into the pond. Later on, it got around too close and I got it. We had a ball catching big perch and small Florida Stripers. Threw them all back because I wasn't in the mood to cook them, but I'll get them later. I love to catch fish on ultra-lite tackle.
Calvin, I had no idea there were cottonmouths in Oklahoma. I didn't think they could take that harsh winter weather. I'm from Pennsylvania and we didn't have them there. I've seen plenty here in Florida. While fishing in central Florida you always move stuff like life jackets and tackle boxes cautiously when you get in the boat.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Calvin, I had no idea there were cottonmouths in Oklahoma. I didn't think they could take that harsh winter weather. I'm from Pennsylvania and we didn't have them there. I've seen plenty here in Florida. While fishing in central Florida you always move stuff like life jackets and tackle boxes cautiously when you get in the boat.
There are Water Moccisans & Cotton Mouths as far north as where I live, just a few miles north of the Oklahoma State Line, Vetter. Calvin & Sharon should see many more of those where they live. To me, a Cotton Mouth is the very defination of EVIL!

Will Rogers
Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
caneman

We live at a lake so I go out the front door. Not the best lake to fish and I'm not a top drawer fisherman (Maybe not even middle drawer) but I'm outside and watching the wildlife. Love it.
caneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneman View Post
We live at a lake so I go out the front door. Not the best lake to fish and I'm not a top drawer fisherman (Maybe not even middle drawer) but I'm outside and watching the wildlife. Love it.

That's the main thing, caneman............being in the great outdoors & enjoying nature.

Will Rogers
Old 12-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
Vetter
Banned

Smile

I live on the ocean and never fish. Some SOB stole may boat (probably did me a favor) and I never got another. I'm really looking foward to the move up central Florida on the lake. Chompin' at the bit to get back to Bass fishin'.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote