Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #21
greener
Extraordinary Member

I have a .22 adapter kit for my DPMS. Bolt and 25 round mag. I wonder if it is a highly dangerous assault rifle with the adapter kit.

Virginia has pre-emption laws. Localities cannot make certain ordinances that violate state law. Stops the City of Richmond from having gun laws that would make people in the two surrounding counties felons for crossing a yellow line on a street. The gun grabbers are really trying to get rid of this so if I travel I have to be careful about what I have in the car.

My State senator ran on a far left gun grab platform, among other far left ideas. She had no real opposition. No Republican candidate. My House district had a Republican and Democrat mouthing the same gun safety policies.

rman, I prefer the 10 round mags for bench and target shooting.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #22
rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
I have a .22 adapter kit for my DPMS. Bolt and 25 round mag. I wonder if it is a highly dangerous assault rifle with the adapter kit.

Virginia has pre-emption laws. Localities cannot make certain ordinances that violate state law. Stops the City of Richmond from having gun laws that would make people in the two surrounding counties felons for crossing a yellow line on a street. The gun grabbers are really trying to get rid of this so if I travel I have to be careful about what I have in the car.

My State senator ran on a far left gun grab platform, among other far left ideas. She had no real opposition. No Republican candidate. My House district had a Republican and Democrat mouthing the same gun safety policies.

rman, I prefer the 10 round mags for bench and target shooting.
Yeah they probably would consider it an extremely dangerous and vile assault weapon. After all, it's black and it looks like a "machine gun" so it probably is.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes the 10 round mags. (But I still want to be able to own the 30 rd ones just because!)

I never tried an adapter in my AR's. I used to experiment with dedicated uppers for .22LR. Honestly, I doubt that they were any better and sure cost a lot more. If I dug deep enough, I could probably find several Black Dog 25 round mags you could have.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #23
greener
Extraordinary Member

The conversion kit is not as accurate as the .223. Understandable if you don't change the barrel.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/part...nversion-kits/
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #24
rman

Probably true alright. My dedicated uppers had the correct sized bore and were decently accurate. The problem I had was slam fires, misfires and feeding problems. I finally decided it was a lot cheaper and better to use a "real" .22 LR semi-auto rifle. I have a Model 60 Marlin and a 10/22 that I inherited from Tristan. The Marlin is very accurate and fires everytime with good ammo. I've never shot the 10/22.