Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Handguns > Semi-Auto

Old 09-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #21
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

A little update on the XDs 45. I've had ALOT of trouble getting it to feed. In other words its been a jam-o-matic, especially with the 7 round mags. I've tried all types of ammo, semi wad cutter, hollow point, ball-no luck. I worked on the extractor and got it to feed properly with the 5 round mags. Still having problems with the 7 rounders. I'm starting to think the springs are too heavy. I'll do some research to see if anyone makes lighter springs.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:53 AM   #22
rman

Sorry you're having problems with the XDs Teddy. I hope you get it worked out soon so that you can carry it with confidence. Tristan has an old, original XD sub compact in .40 S&W and an XD Mod 2 in 9mm. They both feed anything, anytime, anywhere.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #23
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
My local gun shop called to tell me that the SA XDs is in. I just had to go fondle it, and do the paper work. It took 4 mounths to get 1. He's had 6 ordered since August, and I happened to be #1 on the list. I can pick it up monday after the State of Illinois determines I'm not wanted here, or in any of the other 49 states, or I'm not a member of any terrorist groups, and my property taxes have been paid, the light bill and the water bill has been paid, the lawn is mowed, and I'm current on all my shots.
Lucky for me, I have a CCP here in Montana, we walk in, fill out the Federal 443 form, pay the money and walk with our purchase with no delays.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:30 PM   #24
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

XDs 45 U P D A T E

As you all know, i had issues with the XDs pistol. I finally got the thing to run, some what. Just not well enough to feel I could carry it with confidence. I took it to a local dealer a few weeks ago, told him of all the problems I had with it. He treated me pretty decent and I ended up trading for a new Colt Commander in 45. (picture that huh) Fit and finish is really good. There is absolutely no play in the frame/slide fit. I didn't like the long plastic trigger, so I dug thru my parts drawer and found an Ed Brown adjustable trigger and installed it. The sights are the typical 3 dot type. When I took it to the range it shot POA at 15 yards, with my reloads and factory ammo. I did get some hammer bite because of short grip safety. I ordered a Ed Brown beavertail grip safety, ambi safety and 25 lpi steel main spring housing. I'm not much on changing out parts just to be changing out parts, but I did need to do something with the grip safety. I think the ambi safety will be beneficial, due to my arthritis, and the checkered main spring housing does seem to keep the pistol planted in the palm of my hand better during recoil than the plastic one that came on it. I've got almost 800 rounds thru it and have had only 1 hiccup, and that was a split case on one of my reloads. I'm glad it spit that one out and avoided what could have been a catastrophic failure.

Anyhow, here's the finished product, and yes I am carrying it. (I just couldn't get away from not carrying a 1911)

Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 PM   #25
panther
Extraordinary Member

That's a beauty. Sounds like it's a good shooter too. Good for you!
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #26
rman

Imagine that! Teddybear toting around a 1911. It's a nice looking gun, and with 800 rounds down the pipe, reliable too. I'm glad to hear that it is fit up tight like it should be. Colt has been up and down over the years with financial problems. Maybe they are back to stay this time. They have a lot of variations for sale now and even have a new version of the Cobra revolver.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #27
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Imagine that! Teddybear toting around a 1911.
Yeah who'd a thunk it!!!

Several years ago Colt had some quality control issues also, and I have a couple 1911's from that era. That said, I agree that the have got their together. The last 2 Colt 1911's I've got have been spot on for a production gun.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #28
rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Several years ago Colt had some quality control issues also, and I have a couple 1911's from that era. That said, I agree that the have got their together. The last 2 Colt 1911's I've got have been spot on for a production gun.
That's good to know Teddybear. They're too old and too proud a company to let down their customers. (Wish they would re-introduce the Python.)