Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #861
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Smile

Howdy folks. Just wanted to stop by and let y'all know I'm still kickin. I do have a few rounds of doctors appointments coming up this week and next.

See ya later.

Life is good.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:05 PM   #862
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

rman, my old A/C been running like a glue factory run-a-way in the Kentucky Derby for a month or more! Teddybear, thanks for letting us know all is well with you! I sure hope all the doctors appointments come with good results. I see the eye guy tomorrow and hope he's better than the last guy. I need someone who can fix them before I have to paint my canes foot and get a new dog!. Anyway, it's bed time for me, I fell asleep in the recliner, I'm headed off to see Bubba in bed! You guys,tell Buddy and Ruger Uncle Vetter said "Hi!"
Old 05-15-2019, 07:24 AM   #863
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on, hot and fresh.

I hear that the Chinese have an IPO for a coffee chain that will give Starbucks a run for its money. Maybe Calvin should get an IPO out for the coffee shop.

Vetter, I haven't been in a house that's had A/C running in 10 days or so. Maybe today, 58 going to 74. House is set on 72.

The FCC announced it is going to crack down on robo callers. This was announced as a big deal for protecting the elderly. I said, what a great idea, then I realized they were talking about me. Blocking all those nice folks who call to help me out with my credit cards, insurance, car warranties, computer problems? Then there are the police union fundraisers who keep calling and wanting to speak to Linda. I'm doing my best helping them find Linda.

Glad TB is doing well and that Vetter has made it to two docs and can still walk, eat and see.

I spent a lot of time, when I wasn't dozing with Korean language video, relearning something I already knew. It's pretty much impossible having two users on one PC who can see the same files AND use the the same MS OFFICE software.

I've noticed some grass that might need cutting. Weather guesser is talking about dry needing to water the yards. We still have water seeping out of lawns into the gutter. 2" of rain above average so far this year.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #864
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Still good morning time for a few minutes, coffee please Molly. I gotta get ready for the eye guy. I told you I fired the guy that did 2 eye operations and I swear I can't see as well as before. Wifey went last week to the new guy ans she said he held nothing back about his dislike for the way the other guy approached things so hopefully he can help me. Greener, sounds like you're settled back in. I may be doing a road trip soon, Mother in Law is having some health issues. Nothing serious but Wifey is upset, she is 90 so anything can be serious. Her heart is only working 75% and from what I read that's pretty normal for 90. She is retaining water and needs to drink more and elevate her legs neither of which she will do. I heard on the news the FCC announced it is going to crack down on robo callers. I wish they could do something. My grass was cut Monday and it could use it again already. Well, I'm going to get ready for my dilated pupils. Everybody have a great day!

Last edited by Vetter; 05-15-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #865
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Back from the eye guy and he wants to do cataract / lens implant surgery on my other eye. I took the prescription and will try the new Rx glasses and see him in 6 months. That's about all for now they dilated my pupils and I need to have my adult beverage and TV until I can see good again. See y'all later!
Old 05-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #866
Vetter
Banned

Goodnight.

Last edited by Vetter; 05-16-2019 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:48 AM   #867
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Alright where's everyone.... this place is a ghost town this morning. I'll get the coffee going, and the monster cinnamon rolls that cover a 9" plate with your choice of either cream cheese butter topping, sugar frosting icing or huckleberry spread just oozing.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #868
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Thanks for making the coffee J_B I'm pouring a cup already and a special thanks for the monster cinnamon rolls. I'm going to have butter and a little sugar frosting icing on mine. Don't know where everybody is hiding today but if they turn on their computer and get a whiff of these cinnamon rolls they'll be by quick! I might go get a grill today. Wifey wheeled the old one out to the road and it was gone in about 10 minutes. I have to pick up a few prescriptions at Walmart and Home Depot is right next door. J_B, those cinnamon rolls are good. Well, I think it's recliner and TV time. See ya later and everybody have a great day!
Old 05-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #869
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Thanks for the coffee. I'm slow moving this morning.

The refill number on one of my prescriptions is disconnected. The auto a/c guy I used last year is disconnected. But two callers wanting money apparently were not. All this before coffee.

Fighting temptation on fixing the 16 year old Impala with a new car. I surely do need my insurance upped by a car that is not 16 years old and my personal property tax going from $0 to $700. Pam drove the Impala 2000 miles in the last year. And I can still wash the mildew off the white car.

Vetter, are you better getting the eye fixed? My eye doc may be recommending it for me in the next year.

Well off to find drugs and car fixers.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #870
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Sure glad you guys left a few cinnamon rolls. I'll have one with cream cheese frosting and a giant cup of coffee to go with the giant roll. Thanks J_B! It's sunny, windy and warm here today. The weatherman predicts 90 and it's already 85. If it reaches 90, it will the the warmest day of the year.

I stayed busy yesterday. I picked up some mower harming obstacles in the the yard (sticks, old piece of rope and rocks), mowed, trimmed and blew out the garage, driveway pad and sidewalk with the leaf blower. I was pooped when I finished. It's going to take me awhile to get used to this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Howdy folks. Just wanted to stop by and let y'all know I'm still kickin.
Glad to hear it Teddy! Thanks for checking in.

Greener I hope you figure out the car dilemma. I don't see any car payments, increased taxes and insurance in my future. All that makes the old Impala look pretty good.

I hope your new eye doctor is a cut above the old one vetter.