View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
With the Lord's help my wife and I started preparing for this many years ago. At that time we were not aware of just how bad things would get but this preparation has rewarded us. The industry I was employed in up until last October was going through a large change. The company I was employed with had to make very large investments in the local facility they operated here or shut the doors. I seen this issue coming with the company at least eight years ago and made financial decisions accordingly. We have been debt free now for six years and now being myself 55 and unemployed I am so glad we were able to do that. I have an AAS in my chosen field (Electronics Technology) and 14 years of experience and I have not been able to find a job of any kind since 10/30/08. My wife is still employed and we are blessed financially. I would say becoming debt free is real good advice in this present economic environment.
Cary
Sounds like you made some very wise choices Cary! I wish I would have been smart enough to do that myself. Good luck with finding a job...surely things will turn around sooner or later and open up some opportunities.