View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #2147
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. My brother made it through his surgery yesterday. The surgeon is cautiously optimistic. I thought he looked pretty darn good, was coherent and his able to move toes, feet and lower legs. He's not out of the woods by any means, but he is definitely making progress. I talked to his youngest daughter this morning and she said he had a little afib last night, but it straightened out on its own and she thought he looked even better today. He will probably be in intensive care for another 4 days. They want to be sure his spinal tap is draining properly, his incision sites are doing well and he has no leakage at the aneurysm‎. The whole procedure was different and I thought it was going to be. It was all done with multiple heart catheters inserted on each side of his groin. The end result was insertion of 5 stents. The stents are wrapped with a fabric that is supposed to keep blood flowing through the stents and not leaking into space between the stents and the walls of the effected artery. Anyhow, I'm encouraged and appreciate the prayers. Thanks to all!