Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (

Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transportation (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tristan's new truck (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5133)

rman 10-10-2015 07:38 PM

Tristan's new truck

Tristan traded his GMC Jimmy for a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Duramax diesel. I'm not crazy about diesels in light trucks, but I drove it home from Meriden today and it ain't bad. We call it the Redneck Rod Knocker.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ps41k7tela.jpg

kansas45 10-11-2015 07:45 PM

Nice truck! I'll bet Tristan is very proud of the Redneck Rod Knocker.
4X4, huh?
Do you have any good friends in the tow truck business? Really good friends?
You know, for when The Kid and his buddies decide to see how far they can go down a muddy road during a thunderstorm? :smilewinkgrin:

rman 10-12-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansas45 (Post 118926)
Nice truck! I'll bet Tristan is very proud of the Redneck Rod Knocker.
4X4, huh?
Do you have any good friends in the tow truck business? Really good friends?
You know, for when The Kid and his buddies decide to see how far they can go down a muddy road during a thunderstorm? :smilewinkgrin:

He has already been warned that he is on his own! I've preached to him for a long time about what a wise man once told me. Always drive in 2WD. When you start to spin, stop, put it in 4WD and back the heck out of there. Four wheel drive is for getting you out of messes, not into them.

kansas45 10-12-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rman (Post 118950)
He has already been warned that he is on his own! I've preached to him for a long time about what a wise man once told me. Always drive in 2WD. When you start to spin, stop, put it in 4WD and back the heck out of there. Four wheel drive is for getting you out of messes, not into them.

The rule I live by is "When in doubt, gas it"! :thumbsup:

Make sure you tell Tristan about my rule, or maybe it would be better if I did? :idea:

rman 10-12-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansas45 (Post 118953)
The rule I live by is "When in doubt, gas it"! :thumbsup:

Make sure you tell Tristan about my rule, or maybe it would be better if I did? :idea:

You're a BAD influence Kansas! :devil2:

kansas45 10-12-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rman (Post 118971)
You're a BAD influence Kansas! :devil2:

:thumbsup: :lol:

Teddybear 10-22-2015 02:07 PM

WHOA. NICE TRUCK. Teddybear like!

rman 10-22-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 119396)
WHOA. NICE TRUCK. Teddybear like!

Thanks!

Vetter 11-16-2015 12:17 PM

Nice truck Tristan but I like gas more. Wifey has a Honda Element 4 wheel drive. Got it in 2005 and used the 4 wheel drive once when I got the lawn tractor stuck in the lake. Actually I guess I always use it, it's full time 4 wheel drive. Good luck with it, it's a looker but costs a bundle to fix if they break! When I was 16 my Dad got a new 1963 Plymouth Sport Fury convert. 383, added dual quads, both Ram intake and high rise ram exhaust manifolds, Spicer 4:11 gears, 727 tranny and the 4 wheel drive was a 100 pound sack of sand in the trunk on top of the wheel wells. Atlas Bucron street slicks for "keep it stuck to the blacktop tires". Took me almost 4 months to total it drag racing at about 125 MPH. When it was all done and on the road. Replaced it with a 65 GTO . It wouldn't have touched the Mopar. I was always a gear head and drive a Corvette ZO6 now. With mods he hit the Dyno at 485 RWHP. At 68 my knee can hardly hold the clutch down long. I still drag race on the street, mostly kids thinking they can beat this old "side clutch steppin' old fart". Never been beat. I'm a lot more careful now and usually are so far ahead by the time I grab 2nd (about 52 MPH) I let up. I have turned the traction control and did NASCAR burnouts, you should see the young guys eyes pop out! Most fun is eating rich middle aged Porsche owners. Costly for the back rubber! The way you like 4 wheelin and the RC cars, be careful have fun, Boy you got the right foot illness. If I had a boy I would worry if I never seen him smoke the tires but use your head, no wrecks or tickets! Bast of luck with the "Redneck Rod Knocker", great name! I could go on forever, once a gearhead, always a gearhead!

rman 11-16-2015 01:20 PM

I have a sneaking hunch that the previous owner did some mods on this truck. It has a definite lope at idle and it feels a lot stronger than a stock 402 CI diesel should. It has some obvious mods like a high volume K&N air intake, etc. I'm not wild about diesels either - too much maintenance. However, this one is on his Mother. When it breaks, he calls her. They both knew I don't like diesels, but they went off and bought it anyway. Guess it works out well for me - it don't cost me nuttin.