Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (

Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/index.php)
-   Camping (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   My Special Place! (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312)

Calvin Wiles 02-21-2009 06:37 AM

My Special Place!

Guess most everyone has more than on Hobby or Special Interest. In addition to guns, mine happens to be Camping. I have all the Guns I need, so I invested some more into my Camping Trailer. I had 2-130 Watt Solar panels and a 15 Amp Charge Controller. I ordered 2 more for myself and 2 for my Engraver Friend. I also ordered a 60 Amp Controller and he is going to use my old 15 Amp. one. I'll get over 500 watts for about 5 hours a day now so that'll give me over 2000 watts a day to use. I'm really looking forward to Camping all summer this year. The fish and varmints had better look out, because after April 15, life for them won't be the same. :clap:

kansas45 02-21-2009 08:19 AM

That sound's great Calvin! Enjoy yourself!

Bozack 02-23-2009 10:02 AM

Sounds like you have it all set up. I love to camp also. Been tenting it for a number of years but my girlfriend bought a 23' trailer last summer. We are looking foward to the summer camping season. We might take a trip back to Gettysburg.:yes:

Calvin Wiles 02-23-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozack (Post 5081)
Sounds like you have it all set up. I love to camp also. Been tenting it for a number of years but my girlfriend bought a 23' trailer last summer. We are looking foward to the summer camping season. We might take a trip back to Gettysburg.:yes:

I think you will enjoy the Travel Trailer a lot. They are made for lazy people like me. You can set them up the way you want them, and then just put them where ever you want and they are all set up ready to go. I think the Wife and I enjoy ours more than we do our regular home. Camping should be fun and relaxing instead of more work. I used a tent for 30 years when I was younger and didn't think anything about it, but age changes your way of thinking on a lot of things. :sleep1:

Bozack 02-23-2009 11:38 AM

A huricane warning changed my girlfriends mind. Putting away a wet tent will do that. We have only taken it out once but know we are going to enjoy it.

Calvin Wiles 02-26-2009 06:35 AM

Went out yesterday afternoon and did an assessment of what needs to be done before going back to camp for the summer. I have ordered 2 more 130 Watt Solar Panels and a larger Charge controller. The Trailer has green mildew on the outside from moisture this winter. I tried a spot with 409 and it came right off, so I think a good scrubbing on the outside will make it look new again. Planning to set up a outside water storage tank, and Solar heat the water for Showers and hot water. Got to replace 2 small Plexiglas window lights, and a couple of window screens, and I should have it in top notch shape for a Great Summer. Just hope the Spring Tornado's bypass it. :)

rman 02-26-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles (Post 5282)
Just hope the Spring Tornado's bypass it. :)

Buy LOTS of tie downs and dig a cellar!:clover::D

Calvin Wiles 02-27-2009 05:58 AM

Got it anchored good with tie downs. I would like to get a backhoe and dig a whole in side of the hill and wall it up with rock or blocks and put a cement roof over it and then cover with dirt. It would make a good root celler along with place to hide from a tornado.

Calvin Wiles 03-21-2009 06:54 AM

Went out yesterday and changed out my 15 amp charge controller to a 60 amp. Got 2 more Solar Panels to add on when I get time. Sharon started cleaning up the Trailer. Getting ready to move back to the Country in about 3 weeks.

kansas45 05-10-2009 07:25 AM

There is a old bridge near the North property line at the farm. It is about a lane & a half wide & is built of stone with a few of the wooden planks still there. It spans a small creek. I like to walk up there & set & watch Mother Nature's animal show. Yesterday, while I was repairing the fence, I wandered over to relax a little. I heard or maybe cought movement in the grass about 6' to my right. There was a 4 or 6' rattler coiled up to strike. I stopped & stood very still, then jumped left & moved away on the quick! Reached for the P89 on my hip, only to realize that I had left it on the seat of the pick up. I went after the pistol & returned, but couldn't find Mr. Rattle Snake. This is the first time I've seen one of those out there. There are lots of Blace Snakes & some Copperheads though. Guess I'll go back & find that snake & get rid of him.