Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (

Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/index.php)
-   Coffee Shop (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   20 rounds a month (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6672)

J_B 02-11-2019 01:28 PM

20 rounds a month

While gun rights activists across the country have been focusing considerable attention on the war being waged against Washington state gun owners, because that state is something of a ?test tube? for gun control schemes, there?s a second front in the effort to erode the Second Amendment going on south of the Columbia River in neighboring Oregon.

Perhaps the most onerous of these is SB 501 sponsored by a pair of Lake Oswego Democrats ? State Sen. Rob Wagner and State Rep. Andrea Salinas ? that would require a person to secure a permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving a firearm. This was legislation submitted at the request of the anti-gun Students for Change. The Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) declared this bill to be ?the most extreme? of the anti-gun measures so far before lawmakers in Salem, and the group maintains a roundup of all gun-related bills introduced in Salem.

Under provisions of SB 501, receipt of a firearm without a valid permit could land someone in jail for up to 364 days, and impose a fine of up to $6,250. Failure to secure a firearm with a cable or trigger lock, or in a locked box, could result in 30 days behind bars and a $1,250 fine.

But the most alarming tenet of the bill is a restriction on the amount of ammunition someone can purchase in any 30-day period. SB 501 would limit someone to getting 20 rounds a month. Critics say this ammunition limit is nonsense, as it would effectively preclude practice for competitors, and would be a burden on hunters, especially those who hunt waterfowl or upland birds.

Oregon Anti-Gunners Launch Attack; 20 Rounds a Month in One Bill!

rman 02-11-2019 04:11 PM

That's just crazy! Apparently the whole left coast have lost their minds. Wish we could move NY, NJ, IL, MA, DC, etc., next to them and then urge them to secede.

Vetter 02-12-2019 07:10 AM

I wish the gun laws were federal.

Why do they just keep making more and more laws to punish us who are not criminals? The bad guys don't care, laws mean nothing to them and they'll just do as they please anyway. :stunned:

J_B 02-12-2019 09:44 AM

Ought to give them just one roll of TP a month, and tell them if you need more tough, you don't need more than one roll of TP. :idea2:

greener 02-12-2019 10:03 AM

Interesting that they classify a Ruger Mini 14 with a folding stock as an assault weapon but do not classify a Mini 14 as an assault weapon.

Long gun I can hold with two hands is an assault rifle? Makes my 10/22's, Glenfield Model 60, Winchester M69 and Henry 101 assault rifles.

20 rounds a month? If I save for a year I'll have hundreds of rounds. And, I'm darn sure no one will go out of state, buy on the black market or what ever to get all that ammo.

Never mentions reloading. I suppose a reloaded .223 is not as dangerous as store bought ammo.

So, if Vetter and I go to the range and I let him shoot my Ruger MKIII have I otherwise transferred the pistol? Or is it just to under 21?