Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (

Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor Cooking (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Beer can chicken... (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606)

Vetter 07-13-2009 09:08 AM

Beer can chicken...

Until a few days ago I had never heard of "Beer Can Chicken". Well, I made it last night on the grill and it was really good! :chef: I used a 5 lb. chicken, rubbed with olive oil and cajun seasoning in and out. Took the top off the beer can, drank half and put some olive oil and cajun seasoning in with the beer. Set the can on the grill stuck the chickens butt over it and it stood up pretty good. Grill on med-low about an hour and it made my tongue slap my brains out! :tt2: I'll certainly make this again. :yes:

Calvin Wiles 07-13-2009 09:33 AM

I'll have to try that. I always drank the Beer and ate the grilled chicken. I have never mixed them in cooking. :)

Teddybear 07-13-2009 10:05 AM

I use Lowreys season salt on ours, as the wife likes it better that way. 1 can of beer is not enough though. You have to have cold beverages while your "watching" over things. And Budweiser fits the bill for me.:yes:

kansas45 07-13-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 11552)
I use Lowreys season salt on ours, as the wife likes it better that way. 1 can of beer is not enough though. You have to have cold beverages while your "watching" over things. And Budweiser fits the bill for me.:yes:

You said it all Teddybear!

rman 07-15-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 11552)

Another Vote!:excl:

Chortdraw 07-15-2009 03:35 PM

I have a great little holder for Beer Butt Chicken that will also hold 4 potatoes around the chicken and has a grease pan under it to save on the grill cleaning. We have been doing this for several years. It is the best chicken on the grill ..bar none..to make your taster stand up. We use one burner ,on low,and put the bird on the other side of the grill. Cook for 2 hours and rotate it in about an hour and a half to brown the back half. Have made and tried several different racks but find this one the best. We are having company this weekend and they asked if I would make beer butt chicken so you know what they think of this method. Just season the bird to your taste and go for it :D Chortdraw

rman 07-24-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chortdraw (Post 11671)
I have a great little holder for Beer Butt Chicken that will also hold 4 potatoes around the chicken and has a grease pan under it to save on the grill cleaning. We have been doing this for several years. It is the best chicken on the grill ..bar none..to make your taster stand up. We use one burner ,on low,and put the bird on the other side of the grill. Cook for 2 hours and rotate it in about an hour and a half to brown the back half. Have made and tried several different racks but find this one the best. We are having company this weekend and they asked if I would make beer butt chicken so you know what they think of this method. Just season the bird to your taste and go for it :D Chortdraw

Where did you come up with the holder Chortdraw? Sounds like a winner!

Vetter 07-28-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rman (Post 12089)
Where did you come up with the holder Chortdraw? Sounds like a winner!

E Bay has a bunch, just type in "beer can chicken".