Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (

Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/index.php)
-   Coffee Shop (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Just on Fox news... (http://www.earlyriserscoffeeshop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6504)

Vetter 11-10-2018 12:59 PM

Just on Fox news...

I had to rewing to make sure I heard it correctly. There have been more than 50,000 arrests at the border in October? Is that true? So I google it and find...

Immigrants Traveling as Families Arrested on Mexican Border Increase 38% in October.
The Wall Street Journal. McAllen, Texas. Nearly 51,000 undocumented immigrants were caught crossing the U.S. border with Mexico last month, the Trump administration said Friday.

Among 50,975 people arrested, roughly 23,100 were traveling as families, according to arrest figures posted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The number of people traveling as families arrested last month, mostly from Central America, according to government arrest data is a 38% increase compared to September. During the 12 months from October 2017 through September, or fiscal year 2018, more than 107,000 migrants traveling as families were arrested the border, a record for any fiscal year. Nearly all of those people have or are expected to ask for asylum in the United States, U.S. officials said.

rman 11-10-2018 01:46 PM

Yeah and they just keep coming. Mexico should have turned them away at their southern border. Nice neighbors we have there.

Teddybear 11-10-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rman (Post 161357)
Nice neighbors we have there.

Not so much.

J_B 11-11-2018 05:38 AM

Reminds me of the camel and the tent story, send them back.

Chortdraw 11-16-2018 05:49 PM

just a large version of the Trojan horse.

rman 11-17-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chortdraw (Post 161605)
just a large version of the Trojan horse.

I think you've got some there Chort!

greener 11-18-2018 07:53 AM

How do you send them back? They see a judge, get a court date and are let loose on their promise to return. Can't send them back until they have their day in court.

Or, so they say.

rman 11-18-2018 12:14 PM

It seems to me that our constitution and laws were written for American citizens. How do these laws apply to non-citizens who have committed a crime to get here? I don't get it. To hell with due process. Put them on a big raft and head them South. :banghead:

Vetter 11-18-2018 02:50 PM

I Pray it doesn't come to this but they leave Trump no other choice. If they decide to cross the line, give the order to shoot to kill, maybe save woman and children for deportation. If they are killed as soon as their feet hit the ground the 2nd wave of criminals will stop in their tracks. We need the wall, NOW, even Cali is begging for it! Mexico is building one at their Southern border and we need every inch of it.